Leadwerks stress test.

filax

Hi everybody :)

After a looonngg time coding break, i left my burrow to test the last LW engine with my current 3d level project.

For sure ! the shadow engine is one of the best i have seen. It's very difficult to make it bugged ! I just regret the 'grainy' shadows rendering ? is there a way to remove it and replace by a basic smooth ?

And, great news, it's the first time that i can correctly export an object from 3DS Max... Many thanks to the creator of the plugin for 3DS max (Alex Arbuznikov) ! you save my life ! I do not understand why this tool have not been integrated since early in the engine ? So, here is the shoot and the download link.

If someone could test the demo and tell me if everything is working properly?

[Edit] For the controls use the functions keys to change thre rendering, and the keys 0>9 to play with the lights :) And the directional keys to move.

DOWNLOAD

lw_demo_02_01.jpg

lw_demo_02_02.jpg

lw_demo_02_03.jpg

Hi,

A truly very beautiful demo filax. I ran it at a resolution of 1680x1050 with all effects (except for wireframe) on and got a smooth 55 FPS. I have an ATI 4870X2 (specs in signature) and had no problems running the demo whatsoever!

Cheers!

Shadowmaps should be 3072 or 4096 to get decent quality. Also use the Shadowsoftness setting, and Shadowquality setting (sometimes 3 gives better result than 1, especially with big shadowmaps). I think you can also edit the noise.dds file and make it a more smooth noise pattern.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Shadowmaps should be 3072 or 4096 to get decent quality. Also use the Shadowsoftness setting, and Shadowquality setting (sometimes 3 gives better result than 1, especially with big shadowmaps). I think you can also edit the noise.dds file and make it a more smooth noise pattern.

Thanks for informations ! i'll try.

Also note that the Lua dialogs in Editor are missing a lot of settings and their possible values, so you need to modify the Lua files a bit (better make a new copy and name it differently, like PointLight2 (I already did that some time ago in the Downloads section)).

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Wow - I wasn't ready that - even with the screenshots.

Runs nicely on my 8500 - a nice 1.9 fps :) (at 1680x1050.... 12.9 fps at 960x600)

Turning all the lights off increases it to 10 fps. Turning off the postfilters doesn't make it any faster at all...

Took me a while to figure out how to move forward. French Keyboard = azerty , so z to make it move forward.

On a qwerty keyboard, z is on the bottom row, furthest left

I don't know the full french keyboard, but I know the movement controls are:

z 
qsd

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

Works much better on an 8800 (but that's what we expected): 30 fps with everything enabled (except wireframe) at 1680x1050. On this card, turning off SSAO alone will increase the frame rate to 50... Everything off (but still high res) gives 64 fps. Now I appreciate how much better an 8800 is, compared to an 8500. With such numbering, you would expect them to be close in terms of performance.

Do I remember Josh saying that the 8800 gives better performance than some of the lower 9000 series? It really does show the advantage of parallel computation.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

13-15-20 fps :)

Antialiasing eats 0.5-1 fps.

Bloom eats 1-2 fps.

Wireframe ups fps to 30 (this is not useable info, but.. :) )

HDR eats also 1-2 fps.

SSAO eats about 5 fps (they drop down till 10)

I think, C++ variant would work faster.

Config: notebook with Intel Core2 Duo T7500@2.20Ghz, 2 Gb memory, GeForce 8600M.

PS: that error was because i placed your project on the worktable... when i moved it to disc C:, it started ok.

Working on LeaFAQ :)

Magnificent demo Filax. So much detail and the lighting is really wel set up. How would this look when PureLight is added?

My resolution is 1440 x 900:

• gForce 9600 runs 26 fps with all effects
  • gForce 9600 runs 38 fps with no effects
  • gForce 9600 SLI enabled runs 39 fps with all effects
  • gForce 9600 SLI enabled 52 fps with no effects

May I suggest that you change the S, D and X movement to WASD?