Leadwerks 5 Workspace.

Jules D.

I think Leadwerks 5 should be built with Workspace Tabs (Like in the new Blender3D). So when Leadwerks 5 runs it starts with a Default workspace tab. Then you can create and save or load work spaces. Each work space is a custom setup of windows you want open, windows or panels positions.Ex. one work space could be set up to center selected model on screen at all times with only one view port open. With tools panels to work on model. Adding this will take more memory, but that will be the choice of the user. Another good example is a workspace for working on terrain. You customize your work space to easily work with terrain.

• Like 1

Intel Quad 9300 2.5

Windows 7 64 bit

nforce 780i SLI MotherBoard

Sapphire, Ati Radeon HD 5770

8 GRam

I will be interested in talking about this idea more. The new editor is being designed with a lot of customizability in mind, using Lua to create custom interfaces, tools, and features.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:34 AM, Genebris said:

If we are talking about doing anything like Blender, I would LOVE to see the G hotkey like in Blender. Using gizmos is such a pain and a waste of time, I'm going crazy using any other 3D software just because of this.

When making suggestions like this it is helpful to explain exactly what the key does.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

So Blender has an alternative to using gizmos.

It allows for key presses as short cuts for object placement.

The "G" key stands for grab and is a short cut for  translation mode. First you left click the object you wish to move. The press g on the keyboard. Move your object to it new position and left click to mouse again to confirm the new position. Its very quick . Other keys such as x,y,z  lock the object to those axis's. S is used for scale.  

• Thanks 1