LUA Editor - Crash recovery

Scott Richmond

Was just playing around with LUA with the LUA Editor (Not in the sandbox) and when I went to run the little script I made it sat there churning away at the CPU for ages. I figured it was borked since all it was meant to do is load a map I made in two seconds.

I haven't worked out why that happened, but it made me realise that this editor should have a crash recovery mechanism.

It shouldn't be a big deal - Simply have it save all open files as *.tmp in the same directory every 5 minutes and when it boots back up have it search for *.tmp files and load them and ask the user whether they want to keep or delete the file.

Programmer, Modeller

Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.5GHz | GeForce 480 GTX | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Premium x64

Visual Studio 2008 | Photoshop CS3 | Maya 2009

I also experience that in the script editor opened via the editor, i can get a few lines of code that seems to crash both script editor and the editor and then if i try to load that scene back up again, it just simple instantly crashes.

So i have to go and open the script up in notepad remove the code thats crashing it and then load it back up.

Very annoying.

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d