ULTRA APP KIT

Jules D.

28 minutes ago, CppBob said:

Hi @Josh, do have plans to extend the collection of predefined Widgets: i.e. table-Widget, plot-Widget, etc? 

I don't know what these are! If you have any suggestions please describe exactly what they are in the suggestions forum.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

54 minutes ago, Josh said:

I don't know what these are! If you have any suggestions please describe exactly what they are in the suggestions forum.

I just had a moment to think about it. The question is more related to how you plan to extend the library, rather than a concrete suggestion. I know, that I could create a custom widget, i.e. implementing a ListView (like ,net). The TreeView UAK provides seems quite sophisticated. Do you have any other widgets in mind, you want to add in the future, aside from user suggestions? Im trying to figure out where UAK is heading.

1 hour ago, CppBob said:

I just had a moment to think about it. The question is more related to how you plan to extend the library, rather than a concrete suggestion. I know, that I could create a custom widget, i.e. implementing a ListView (like ,net). The TreeView UAK provides seems quite sophisticated. Do you have any other widgets in mind, you want to add in the future, aside from user suggestions? Im trying to figure out where UAK is heading.

It has everything I need to make the new editor. I want to add tooltips and maybe a few other small things.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, spiceagent11 said:

Thank you, one more question. Will it work with Leadwerks 5 3D engine? So for example people can make there own 3D editor, or the ability to work with 3D meshes and materials.

All the functionality of Ultra app kit will be part of the new 3D engine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 11:18 PM, rjmelter said:

Looking at UltraAppKit for Steam, but was curious what the pricing is?  I saw a review that  person could not login and therefore not use it.  Is this subscription based, or singular purchase based? Ex. Steam $20.00, or somewhere I had seen $2 a month.

Well, was 2$ per month now $5.99  

Josh started to believe in himself and raised the price

33 minutes ago, trashcanuseful said:

Well, was 2$ per month now $5.99  

Josh started to believe in himself and raised the price

No, it's actually $1.99 / mo. with a three-month minimum. The pricing is not exactly clear if you just look at the main store page. So it's $5.99 for the first three months, and then $1.99 thereafter.

The pricing was a test to see what the result would be with the lowest possible subscription rate. What I leaened:

• If you give people a choice, about 80% will choose the more expensive single purchase over the subscription.
  • A lower subscription cost doesn't make large numbers of people willing to buy it.
  • Leadwerks still outsells UAK by 10x on Steam. I am taking this to mean a pure programming SDK won't do very well, no matter what it offers, but a visual software tool will do much better.

Based on this I am currently leaning towards a free / subscription model for Ultra Engine, and to go straight to the full release with the editor, and not release any SDK products before then.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Thirsty Panther said:

So does that mean it will be awhile before we see UltraEngine? ie post Christmas.

Maybe, but the editor is going a lot faster than I expected. I thought it would take a year but now I think it will be much less than that.

I will be showing the editor at I/ITSEC in Orlando, FL, December 1st, along with performance benchmarks comparing Ultra Engine, Leadwerks, and one more engine...

• Like 1

Did you ever consider a perpetual license with yearly upgrades?  Essentially like Solidworks model where you buy the software and can use it forever, but the newer stuff you dont get access to if you are out of subscription?  The difference I would suggest though is a reasonable up front price and an even more reasonable maintenance plan, like say for Ultra App Engine, $20 all in, first year sub is covered and then following year updates are around $15 a year (or so). Also unlike solidworks if you update 2 years later you get the new stuff, without having to buy in the previous that you missed.  That way you are nearly guaranteed someone will update(when you offer them stuff that they want/need for their project).  I cant speak for Ultra Engine, as I do not know what all it will offer.

As long as you constantly add in new features and release better stuff consistently around 6 months and 12 months, people would renew. I dont usually buy SDK stuff because of documentation issues but I liked  how your software looked and I've been using Unity for last 3 years, but miss C++.  I tried a bunch of C++ GUI software and they all sucked, so... :) glad to find this one.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1