ULTRA APP KIT

Jules D.

A widget item is not a widget. The widget has a list of items with text and an optional icon or pixmap. You can read the list of items and construct blocks based on that. See the ListBox source code for an example.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

2 hours ago, CodeChomper said:

Here are the bills added to the ListBox

image.thumb.png.fb8ed2c35d76b78a25528aa4b608bc62.png

BTW, I suggest adding some indentation around the listbox the bills are displayed in.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

P.S. I am enjoying C++ again thanks to UAK

Two interesting things I have noticed recently:

• The C# wrapper @klepto2 is working on runs C++ examples with very minimal changes.
  • All the file, thread, and other features UAK have really make up a lot to cover that C++ is lacking by default, resulting in something very similar to the built-in C# features. It is confusing why no one has just created a standard library of features for C++. Why am I the only person in the world doing this?
  • Like 2

Ok, I am getting the hang of custom widgets! Thank you @Josh for posting the widget code on Github! Seeing how you did the original ListBox has really helped me start making my BillListBox. Now each property of a bill is it's own Block in the row and I can adjust the width of each to format the text instead of relying on boost::format( ) since that didn't work with non monospaced fonts.

image.thumb.png.8f430476e6174c2613c5e3f2642f3a14.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Josh said:

It includes the nlohmann JSON library. I added a LoadJSON() convenience function. This was only intended for internal use but you can still use it.
https://github.com/nlohmann/json

Perfect, I was looking at adding that library, now that I know it is in there I can use it! Thanks again for such a cool tool kit! I added my review to steam.

• 5 weeks later...

Is there a predefined way to have like multiple views and switch between those e.g. switching between different user interfaces?
As of now I only see a tricky way of doing something along the lines of this:

ui->Hide();
ui->Clear();
ui2->Show();
ui2->Draw();

12 hours ago, Josh said:

partially yes, partially no as this would limit me to handling and displaying router through tabs. What I'm rather seeking is a simple sceneview system which I myself then could design as in "this button or this action will lead you to this view", in other words a similar design to websites with navbars, hamburger menus and such used to decide what to display.

You can create a panel, add widgets to it, and hide and show it based on other things that are clicked. You don't have to use the tabbed panel.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen anything in the docs to make a window always on top? Am I just missing it?

Thanks!

You will need to dig into WIn32 for this, because it is not consistently supported across all operating systems:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winuser/nf-winuser-setwindowpos

You want to add WS_EX_TOPMOST into the window extended style.

• 4 weeks later...