"unlock" vegetation prefix

Michael Betke

With the number of vegetation layers constatly risen vegetation painting can be used for morethe nvegetation.

I use it a lot for twigs, rocks, debris and other filler objects.

This is limiting in some ways. I have to rename the objects I want to paint into a "vegetation_modelname_bleh" to be able to choose it as a vegetation object. Renaming takes time and if I used the object before on another spot of my level/project I have to keep two versions of the same model. One with the prefix and one without it.

This raises the overall amount of needed memory if I use the same model with two names, raises the amount of total assets I have to manage and lowers the overview I have over my assets.

I think this could be solved if I would be able to load just every object without caring about a special "vegetation" prefix from a regular file open dialog. Every project should have a good file structure so the "mess" (if I see all assets and not just the vegetation named ones) would be small.

I also could generate Billboards and other vegetation benefits for my filler objects.

So "+" for the ability to load every object as a vegetation layer. :)

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

I wrote this little tool just because was bored to manually rename every model (I bought a Dexsoft pack, tens of trees to convert and rename), so I agree with this request too. May be nice if we can have the same ability as vegetation to fill an area with multiple istances of the objects as a brush to quickly fill the scene (the creation of villages or an area full of NPCs would be really quick).

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com