Shoot Simulator

Charrua

Well, finally, a job done!

This is the press note of the military news youtube channel:

On July 26, the "Comandos" day here in my country (Uruguay, I know no one knows what or where it is, so from where I am, but is fine :) was te official inauguration of a Shoot Simulator I been working on.

(Attached a cut, with the part in which the simulator appear, simply a flash :( )

I made it with the Professional Edition of Leadwerks as a standalone  app. on Ubuntu 16.04

The systems uses some not traditional Game/Software hardware, made by me and a couple of people like me, who works in the metalurgical industry.

We receive real guns, insert on them sensors and actuators to simulate the real behavior of them.

An infrared laser on it, is detected by a couple of special cameras wichs only sees the ir dots of the guns, then with some math, I translate the IR camera coords space to Leadwerks 3D world projected and seen for us.

Turn on a laser of one gun, read the coord seen by the cameras (if any) and repeat for each gun is made by a main microcontroller that is in comunication with the microcontrollers on each camera.

The main micronontroller also reads the gun´s sensors to know when a shoot is done and if it is ok to simulate a shoot or not, based on it the gun was reloaded etc..

State changes and camera coordinates are transimted to de PC and Leadwerks do the rest :)

Attached some pictures, some commented, with relevant and not so relevant things

Juan

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-01 at 19.26.37(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-01 at 20.37.34.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-01 at 20.37.38.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-06 at 20.50.12.jpeg

• Like 7

Paren el mundo!, me quiero bajar.

Yes, that's the point.

And, here, money do not reach aceptable levels. I mean, yes third world but not the worst country mine, but our army has few resources and this kind of equipment is a must at first training stages. I and my friend did the development with our money, now waiting for burocracy to get some bucks :)

Paren el mundo!, me quiero bajar.