Still Here

mdgunn

Just thought I should say I've not forgotten about the project. Unfortunately, I've struggled to find the time and have not had the energy - due to a really minor, but persistent, virus I can't seem to quite shake.  I'll also be away for some time on holiday so it may be the best part of a month before I'll have a chance to jump-start things again.  I'll be returning to trying to complete the ship and ship to temple entrance section, and also completing the post-title screen cutscenes.   I'm still of the mind that if we can get to the end of integrating and polishing up what we have now (the sleep /VR sections and the ship) then we'll have something to be proud of.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I created a new git repo , moved there only the ok levels + resources, and shuffled a bit the order.

Level1 - Cryo room

Level2 - Ai computer room

Level3 - VR level with the monolith

Level4 - The arcade dream level1

Level5 - The dream level2

Now the level 3 is a level hub , you enter certain commands and you can move to level 4,5 or come back anytime to the level3.

But i have some big problems ...

I had another try to add some gameplay to  cryo room , but it crashes the editor every time i hit save.Im really annoyed by this dont know what to do.... i like the cryo level.

For now i abandon this and start the game from the level 2.Also i cannot attach some scripts... and the crashing of editor starting to piss me off.

My idea was to release a demo , we got some nice stuff here  , but if you guys coming back is great.

I added you the to new git:

https://bitbucket.org/alexandru_afrasinei/forth-first-blood/

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

I only added the levels described above.You will need to add to git anything else (cutscenes,temple etc).

Below a diagram on how the levels are linked at the moment.To enter vr level you click on the robot in the computer room.Level 4 and 5 when finished will load back Level3.

So far is making sense to me, we can change anytime as needed, tell me what you think.

Also im thinking to add an island map (there was one that looked good) and link that also to the level3.I think would be nice story wise if the VR level could load dream levels and also real levels (be like a teleporter).

Cryo room + temple, ship exit is not linked yet

Is a draw.io diagram , i can share if necessary.

Forth.png.959e21f723910f8d88d7595084cb5964.png

Binary Station

• 2 weeks later...

I had a look at the current project.   I will see if I can get together a new version of my stuff.  Mostly it will probably be like the original cryo room but maybe with some aspects of what I did when I expanded the ship out.  I will try to keep it relatively small as it was originally so we can get this thing done.  Will still probably take me a while to find the time to get things done.  I will say I will try to have something to show by the end of this weekend and try to have something solid by the end of the following week (8th Dec), if possible.  

• 2 months later...

Im thinking to release a demo out of what we have here,

will include 4 complete levels (the robot computer room , the vr room, dream level 1 and 2.

The cryo room will be included separately , i tried to link it to other levels but everytime i save the map it crashes the editor ...

Hope you guys ok with this.

In case somebody finds time to do some further work will be no problem.

Binary Station

Hi,

Unfortunately my daughter has had a severe long term illness since November which she is still suffering from and likely will for quite some time to come. Ultimately she should be OK but it will take a long time. Things deteriorated around Christmas. I haven't had the strength or time to do anything on the project or many other things in my life.  Due to these issues I don't really feel I can really commit to anything. I find this a bit annoying as I'd love to have got this into a better state but to get something worth a look at still feels like it would be a good chunk of time. Maybe when I get through this I'll check in again or if I make some progress I'll post something here.

Best wishes,

Michael

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...