CURL_OPENSSL_4' not found

SpEcIeS

Since yesterday's Steam client update, this error now pops up and does not allow the project to Run:

../.steam/debian-installation/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_64/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_4' not found

Prior to the update, all was functioning as expected.

SpEcIeS

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2019 at 2:18 PM, SpEcIeS said:

Since yesterday's Steam client update, this error now pops up and does not allow the project to Run:

../.steam/debian-installation/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_64/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_4' not found

Prior to the update, all was functioning as expected.

any news on a fix for this?

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

• 2 weeks later...

Actually all the dependencies were installed, the issue was corrected by changing the pinned library in the Steam runtime and linking to the system curl library.

Because Leadwerk projects compile in Codblocks IDE, this lead me to believe that the libcurl library version that comes with the Steam runtime is not compatible with Leadwerks.

cd /home/$USER/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_64

mv libcurl.so.4 libcurl.so.4.bak

ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4 libcurl.so.4

Even though this problem presented itself in Debian Buster, later my rig was reinstalled with Linux Mint 19.2 (Ubuntu 18.04 base) and the problem presented itself again. The method above was only applied to the Linux Mint 19.2 install, but it is very likely that the "patch" will work with Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian Buster.

SpEcIeS

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 4:38 PM, SpEcIeS said:

Actually all the dependencies were installed, the issue was corrected by changing the pinned library in the Steam runtime and linking to the system curl library.

Because Leadwerk projects compile in Codblocks IDE, this lead me to believe that the libcurl library version that comes with the Steam runtime is not compatible with Leadwerks.

cd /home/$USER/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_64

Even though this problem presented itself in Debian Buster, later my rig was reinstalled with Linux Mint 19.2 (Ubuntu 18.04 base) and the problem presented itself again. The method above was only applied to the Linux Mint 19.2 install, but it is very likely that the "patch" will work with Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian Buster.

Brilliant! Great to have a functioning Leadwerks again.

• Like 1

Ubuntu 14.04 / 64bit. Dell XPS430, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 4Gb Ram, Radeon HD 6670, Leadwerks Pro edition (Steam).

• 1 month later...

This fix doesn't appear to be working for me. Is there a specific version of libcurl.so.4 required? The one present in my usr/lib has no effect.

Edit: I've reinstalled curl, curl:i386, and libcurl4, as well as reinstalling curl from source but I get the same message each time. I assume some kind of Leadwerks update has it looking in the normal lib folder instead of the steam runtime pinned libs now, but I get the same error message each time.

error.png

• 4 months later...

I have this issue as well - though I'm running Solus, not Ubuntu.

Leadwerks would not start natively in Steam. However, there was an option to force it to run under the Steam Linux Runtime:

4qNqUgw.png

Good enough, now it starts.

I make a basic scene, but when I try to test I get the following:

Executing "\home\administrator\Documents\Leadwerks\Projects\Darkworld\Darkworld"...
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/administrator/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
/home/administrator/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/Darkworld/Darkworld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_4' not found (required by /home/administrator/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/Darkworld/Darkworld)
Process Complete.

I checked through my system folders and sure enough /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ did not exist, so I created it.

Next I located libcurl.so.4 (of which I found in both /user/lib32 and /user/lib64) and copied it into the new /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ directory.

I still get the same error, whether I use libcurl.so.4 from the 32 or 64 libs.

Next I figured why not try it under Proton though the Steam compatibility options? Probably not the best way to do it, but worth a shot.

It starts but hasn't remembered any projects. Easy enough to re-import them.

I make my scene and try to test it. Amazingly... it works! I can run, jump, look around.

Once.

If I press the Play button again, I'm given this cheery error:

otltwdz.png

Clicking cancel in an effort to debug lumps me with an error reading EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT. Clicking OK shuts Leadwerks down.

Rather frustrated... I jumped to Linux to escape the Microsoft Big Brother. Linux compatibility is really good these days, especially with tools such as Proton and Lutris.

System specs:

S5xeee0.png

• 2 weeks later...

Before run the game you need enable proton na steam.
Change the files inside repoisoty tools for this files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UUmS1cI_QKGc2rWGb3UlRS80FYg2dkgZ/view

I got run the game but I need to follow this steps in ubunut 19.04

install this libs:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev
sudo apt-get install isomd5sum

And after do this commands:

cd /home/$USER/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_64

• 5 months later...

I managed to get this working today!

Backstory:
At the time of my previous post, I was using Solus. Nice little distribution but repositories really quite small so ended up moving to Pop!_OS, which is for the most part extremely similar to Ubuntu but with some tweaks. Now, despite moving from Solus to Pop!_OS, Leadwerks would still not run even when trying the fixes previously mentioned here, so I threw in the towel and gave up.

Present:
I noticed a couple of days ago that there appears to be a new Steam Linux Runtime available - Steam Linux Runtime Soldier. This runtime actually works with Leadwerks allowing you to test your games without the dreaded CURL_OPENSSL_4 error.

• From your Steam library, right click on the Leadwerks Game Engine application and choose properties.
  • Tick "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool"
  • From the list, select Steam Linux Runtime - Soldier

soldier.thumb.png.836822f4d5c569e8e71a65bc420154c5.png

This seemed to work for me.

Notes:
Before trying out Steam Linux Runtime - Soldier, I must mention that I had already previously run the commands as already discussed in this thread:

cd ~/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_64

• 8 months later...

I'm experiencing the same exact problem with Ultra App Kit, and unlike Leadwerks this program is very very close to the metal, without very many dependencies at all.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

My solution is to disable the sign-in feature on Linux. If you have UAK on Steam you can try this right now. The project manager will run (no template files for Linux yet).

I didn't need to .sh launcher script. I just set Steam to launch the executable directly. It was necessary to place libsteam_api.so in the same folder, but no other dependencies or anything weird.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.