Leadworks for Education

MadCat

Hi Josh

I'm doing a Associate's Degree of Animation at

Sae Qantm

I'm having a meeting with one of the teachers soon about the software the school is using

I'm interested in if there is a Leadworks school license available?

I think an engine like Leadworks would be good among the other programs they have including the other engines such as Unreal4 and Unity3D

There are a few talking points I use when talking to schools.

• Leadwerks has the easiest learning curve and starts people off gently with Lua, then take them all the way to C++ coding.
  • C++ is the most sought after language for companies hiring programmers in the game industry.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshKlint/20160718/277319/What_Programming_Language_Should_You_Learn_to_Get_a_Job_in_the_Game_Industry.php

chart_job_data_leadwerks.png

An educational license can certainly be arranged. I have sold lots of these before. I have not been pursuing it lately because I am focused on developing the new engine, but when that comes out I will be pushing this a lot harder.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 1 month later...