Sound Sources performance heavy?

Phodex Games

I have this problem and already reported this.

Basically if you have accelerated OpenAL there is a memory leak and will slow down leadwerks game to single digit and lags like hell. The slowdown happens to my Creative XFI (accelerated OpenAL), and to my logitech G35 (software openal). My integrated audio seems does not  effect by this much.

12 minutes ago, tumira said:

I have this problem and already reported this.

Basically if you have accelerated OpenAL there is a memory leak and will slow down leadwerks game to single digit and lags like hell. The slowdown happens to my Creative XFI (accelerated OpenAL), and to my logitech G35 (software openal). My integrated audio seems does not  effect by this much.

I suspect your application has another problem. It does not make sense that a certain model of sound card would make any difference.

If you upload an example I will test it, but I don't want to try to recreate your program based on a description. There's a lot of small things you might have done differently so it is kind of like chasing pigeons.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

What map do you really need ? Just put atleast 3 merc prefabs in and empty map and increase the player health to 9999 and maybe more. Let them shoot you like crazy and the frame will drops and the sound will be missing and lags. I dont even change the default code for the soldier AI. This happens before and after I formatted my PC. To be honest, the only way you can test this if you actually have a soundcard that supports OpenAL like XFI and etc.

i think you still need to make a example and code for josh to check 

and remember openal was not for xfi to start with and most sound chip support.

the big problem with openal it not been update for a long time and it been forked http://openal-soft.org/

as no one is keep the main code uptodate this the the reason for the fork

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit