Linux Build Problem

Josh

I've updated the CodeBlocks project template and a new project will compile with no issues, but there is a problem linking to the Leadwerks precompiled library.  No linking error is shown, but every Leadwerks command the code calls gives an "undefined reference to function..." error.

Any idea why this is happening?  I just installed the latest version of CodeBlocks on Ubuntu 16.04.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I think this has to do with the order the libs are listed in.  If I put Leadwerks.a in front of dl then I get an undefined reference to dlclose.  If I list it after then all the Leadwerks functions are undefined. :blink:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/956640/linux-c-error-undefined-reference-to-dlopen

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 3 weeks later...

So, on virtual machine with latest ubuntu 16.04 and fresh instalation of steam, leadwerks + necessary libraries (libgl1-mesa-dev, libopenal-dev, libcurl4-gnutls-dev) i'm able build the sample project in CodeBlocks and in CodeLite (with some modifications) too...

But it looks I'm not able to build Leadwerks projects on Ubuntu 16.10 anymore and have to switch back to Ubuntu 16.04 :(

I have not booted into Ubuntu yet but is it possible to see the GCC version on each? That is probably the cause.

I prefer x.04 versions because they are more stable.

11 minutes ago, aiaf said:

I think sticking to the ubuntu lts version is best, that's my experience not doing intermediary updates anymore.

16.04 end of life is 2021 still getting updates.Next lts will be 18.04 on april.

Yes, i aggree, it's the best practise, I just didn't expect such problems with compilators... Today I will reinstall it, i have /home dir as separate partition so it will be piece of cake :)