Vive / Oculus owners

Josh

If you have a VR headset and want to help test VR in 4.5 please speak up.  Everything is pretty much done but I just want to make sure things are as easy as possible to use before I finalize everything.  I'm also going to add a default project with some basic functionality like teleportation and picking up objects.  Please reply in this thread if you're interested.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

29 minutes ago, thehankinator said:

I have an Oculus and usually have an hour or so a day I could check something out.

If you simply add VR:Enable() in your main script or C++ file you can view any scene in VR.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It loaded up ok but it was choppy(I don't know what the frame rate was but without VR and vsync it's over 350) and the models on the very left and right edge of the view "popped" in, like maybe they were culled for a narrower field of view or something. I tried to take a screenshot but the window was just blank. Is there a way to have Leadwerks mirror the scene in Rift on to my monitor?

I know what you are talking about, I just need to adjust the zoom angle.

Make sure you are calling VSync(false) or don't call it at all.

I'm working on making the controllers load all the sub-parts as separate limbs so the triggers and buttons will animate when you move them.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I know what you are talking about, I just need to adjust the zoom angle.

Make sure you are calling VSync(false) or don't call it at all.

I'm working on making the controllers load all the sub-parts as separate limbs so the triggers and buttons will animate when you move them.

It's still choppy without calling and also setting vsync to false

I'd be interested.  Can't promise I'll have the time to provide much useful feedback but I can try. 

Personally I use PlayStation VR. You might want some non oculus/vive feebback? Can be a bit janky as I don't have everything set up as well as you can (in principle you can do passable/decent sitting or even roomscale VR with head tracking and controller tracking).

I have previously had LeadWerks working with the PSVR and it worked fine (at least to get a simple static scene going). Cool to see your own world in VR. Am certainly interested in getting it a bit more functional and simple to use. 

I'd probably be considering a simple VR (or VR supported) game for xmas competition (depending on some further success and a idea to engage me).

Okay, I have controller animation working now so when you pull the triggers and push the buttons you actually see the effect on your controllers.  It's pretty neat, although I only have a Vive to test right now.  It should work fine with the Oculus Rift.

I am working on documentation:
https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=API-Reference_Object_VR

The API is surprisingly simple with just a handful of commands to do everything you need:

• Enable
  • GetControllerAxis
  • GetControllerButtonDown
  • GetControllerButtonTouched
  • GetControllerButtonHit
  • GetControllerModel
  • GetOffset
  • SetOffset
  • TriggerHapticPulse