VR Sensors, controller and display

Flexman

3 minutes ago, Flexman said:

When enabling VR mode (using Rift) the Sensors are displayed. How can we override this so these objects are hidden?

And a C++ or LUA question, can we copy the VR buffer to a desktop window?

There is a command to get the controller model.  You will have to look at the header files since VR is not yet finished / documented.

Yes, you can get the VR eyebuffer and display it on the screen.  It's in the header.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

5 minutes ago, Flexman said:

Barrel Distortion needs to be done before VR is usable out of the box. Was fun to play with though.

It should be working just fine.  What hardware are you using?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Rift. If you say it's implemented then it's possible I must be bypassing it. Using C++ only and a bare map, terrain, a cockpit model and a directional light. No post processing filters or anything. If those are required I'll give it another go, but I didn't read anything that suggested otherwise. Screenshot of mirror display attached.

int main(const int argc,const char *argv[])
{
    Leadwerks::Window* window = Leadwerks::Window::Create("VR Test", 0, 0, 1024, 768, Window::Titlebar);
    Context* context = Context::Create(window);
    World* world = World::Create();
    Camera* camera = Camera::Create();
	VR::Enable();
    Map::Load("Maps/start.map");
}

le_vr_mirror.jpg

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo

Cheers Jen, that makes sense.

I'll try and be clear about why I asked the original question.

Expected behaviour; With VR enabled, given a simple a scene when I tilt my head in different axis I expect to see the scene shift accordingly.

Observed behaviour: Scene elements like a skybox and terrain appear to parallax against foreground objects causing nausea. Mostly when looking up and down. I initially put this down to improper distortion. It's not something I've experienced when replicating the scene in another engine.

What I tried: After adding trees to the scene, the observed height of a tree (apparent image height as seen within the headset) appears to change when looking up and down.

Thoughts/suggestions?

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo