Trouble importing new models from blender.

Medical Heroin

Hey guys,I bought leadwerks yesterday and I encountered a problem when trying to import new .mdl files from blender. At first I had looked up a blender file for a rock, found one, used the leadwerks converter to convert it to an mdl file, and placed it in my models folder. Upon trying to add this model in using the vegetation tool, I created the rocks but once I got close to them,they disappeared and blue beams/beacons appeared around the map. This also happened when trying to add a custom model from blender i created. Any idea what causes this issue or how to resolve it? Thanks!

EDIT: this only happens while trying to add rocks with vegetation

rocksmodelglitch.PNG

Hi there and welcome to Leadwerks.

For painting vegetation and rocks in the editor you require certain shaders to be set. 

• leaves the leaves.shader
  • rocks require the groundrocks.shader.

If you post a screenshot of your rocks material file (and specifically the shader tab) we can see if everything is correct there.

You also might need to delete the existing generated billboards for the rocks, if you apply new shaders.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AggrorJorn said:

Hi there and welcome to Leadwerks.

For painting vegetation and rocks in the editor you require certain shaders to be set. 

• leaves the leaves.shader
  • rocks require the groundrocks.shader.

If you post a screenshot of your rocks material file (and specifically the shader tab) we can see if everything is correct there.

You also might need to delete the existing generated billboards for the rocks, if you apply new shaders.

That makes sense. How do I apply these shaders exactly?

26 minutes ago, AggrorJorn said:

Since this question comes up quite often and the official documentation is lacking, a quick tutorial:

Helped alot! I really appreciate all your tutorials btw :)

edit: one last thing, I can't locate the rock_dot1 for the textures tab, is this included in leadwerks?

Great vid Jorn!  Thank you!

Can someone confirm or correct that the first two shaders are always model shaders from the Model folder and the last two are always vegetation shaders from the Vegetation folder?  In other words, is there any reason you would use a shader from the vegetation folder in the top two or the Model folder in the bottom two?

Also, is there any negative consequence to having a material which has vegetation shaders but is also used as a non-vegetation prop (like a very specifically placed rock by a wall)?