Leadwerks will not start thru Steam

gpete

Leadwerks will not start thru Steam. Verified the install thru Steam says its ok......Pops up and says Preparing to Launch and never opens... Since it starts with a a steam "rungame #########" I have no idea where the files are.

Even though I bought it on Steam can I get a proper download from the LEADWERKS site -  one that will install in Program Files for Win 64????

It creeps me out that it loads with an online "rungame" thing from steam.

It worked ok about a month or so ago...

I looked at previous posts and checked the vc-redist...... I did not have the vc 2015-64 redist from the steamapps. I did however have the vc 2017, 2013,2012,and other previous.

when I tried to install the vc 2015 it failed saying a newer version was installed (ie 2017). I removed VC2017 and then installed VC2015. Leadwerks Pro still will not run-

Is there some other way to directly load Leadwerks without going thru STEAM????????

Edited by gpete
openal32 is missing when loading from local programx86. Where do I get that dll???

Steam should install whatever required packages are needed to run. What version of Windows are you running on? You should be able to have multiple redists installed at the same time. 

Other than that, not sure why you're running into this issue. 

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

fixed it ---- used the ALinst program in SteamApps/leadwerks......its working now ....funny that it pointed the error at a more recent VC-redist than 2015..through Steam launch got NO ERROR message- only when loaded directly within local file did I get a error message.

• Upvote 1