Problem starting 4.3 in debug mode

neseir

Hi

After upgrading to 4.3 I have problems with starting the project in debug mode. Release mode works fine. This occurs on the Windows edition and it is the step in the startup that should display this warning about beeing in debug mode (same project using linux works in both debuig and release mode). No message is displayed and the project is hung until the stop button is pressed.

I'm using windows 10 with Nvidia (drivers updated today). Leadwerks have been removed and setup from scratch to check this to (project is a new one).

BR

Eirik

One more thing I noticed. If i go to the folder and execute the <projectname>.debug.exe it starts without any problems.

Any tips for getting more information from the start of the program in debug mode from Leadwerks editor ? Currently it just hangs right after the initiation and no more logging is done after telling that is is starting the project.

BR

Eirik

Switched of the firewall but still the same problem. What should i be looking for (tested first with allowing all TCP and UDP and then switched of the firewall entirely with the same result) ? If there is a specific port that is use I could verify that one.

BR

Eirik

I am only speculating that might be a problem. I have no idea why this is happening on your machine.

What is the printed output in the script editor when you run the game in debug mode?

Do you guys have Visual Studio 2015 installed? It's not required but I am curious to know if you have it on your machine.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi

This is all that is in the Output tab on the script editor :

Executing "C:\Users\eirik\Documents\Leadwerks\Projects\rock\rock.debug.exe"...

And yes I have Visual Studio Professional 2015 installed on the same computer.

Something else that I have noticed is that every time I start the leadwerks editor, it installs the VC redist on the PC.

Regards

Eirik

I suspect there might be a problem with the VS redistributable, although that is only a guess. This looks like the latest version:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

If the VS redistrib isn't installed, debug executables won't run, but that should not be the case since the Steam installer installs it, and you even have VS on your machine.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Checked the versions involved and noticed that I have installed 14.0.24215 while the link gives me 14.0.24212. Removed the once I had installed (both 32 and 64 bit) and installed the ones from the link (14.0.24212) both 32 and 64 bit. Restarted and still it will install the VC but now i keeps the 14.0.2412 editions and debug works!

Not sure where the 24215 have been updated from but will keep an eye on the version if this occurs again.

BR

Eirik

PS - from the log I can see that it was in the step before initlizing lua it stopped :

Executing "C:\Users\eirik\Documents\Leadwerks\Projects\rock\rock.debug.exe"...

<never got passed this point>

Initializing Lua...

Executing file "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Scripts/Error.lua"

Successfully connected to debugger.

Executing file "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Scripts/Main.lua"

Initializing OpenGL graphics driver...

OpenGL version 450

GLSL version 450

Device: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2

Loading map "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Maps/start.map"...

Loading material "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/materials/developer/orangegrid.mat"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/shaders/model/diffuse.shader"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/materials/developer/orangegrid.tex"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Shaders/Editor/wireframe.shader"...

Loading material "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty.mat"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty_diff.tex"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty_dot3.tex"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty_spec.tex"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Shaders/Model/diffuse+normal+specular.shader"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Materials/Common/bfn.tex"...

Deleting shader "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Shaders/Editor/wireframe.shader"

Loading shader "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Shaders/Misc/occlusionquery.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Shaders/Model/Shadow/shadow.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Shaders/Lighting/directionallight.shader"...

Loading font "C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/Arial.ttf"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/eirik/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/rock/Shaders/Drawing/drawtext.shader"...

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 251810

Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198006633169 [API loaded no]

Process Complete.

Did this problem also occur with the beta branch (with the Lua EXEs updated)? The beta branch is built with Visual Studio that was downloaded and installed just a couple days ago.

I think I'm running the beta branch. Just a moment and I will check (away from my development machine).

UPDATE - Confirms that Leadwerk is installed as Beta and had the same problem that was resolved with downgrading the VC runtime.

BR

Eirik

Well, I am using 4.3 release version, not the Beta version. "Debug Run" gave me this error.

post-17720-0-59123900-1486759750_thumb.jpg

I chose "ignore" and it gave the same error for the line "42". After another "ignore", the debug screen started successfully.

I have the 14.0.24215 version of VC++ 2015 installed..

Also, all the application files integrity validated successfully under Steam.

Here is the version included in Steam:

post-1-0-07379800-1486772720.jpg

Here is the latest from MS:

post-1-0-02894500-1486772735.jpg

If you just download the default one from MS it looks quite old:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=48145

post-1-0-38472700-1486773349.jpg

I guess Microsoft released three different versions of their library, with no warning if the wrong version is installed. wacko.png

So it looks like Valve needs to update it.

It looks like MS has two pages both called "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3", distributing two different versions:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

This is the real one:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=53840