Wavefront OBJ models exported from Leadwerks will not texture properly

gpete

Like the primitives edit tools in Leadwerks - but....when you export them from LeadWerks in OBJ format for use in other programs - the meshes do not texture properly when converted to B3D format- something is wrong with them Josh..

for example I created a simple cube, made it hollow with thickness, edited one face with a cutout, exported all as a OBJ, (at this point I can texture it in 3DCoat okay), opened the OBJ in Milkshape3D, exported it from there to B3D format- thru Blitz it will not texture properly as a B3D model.

...for example I created a simple cube, made it hollow with thickness, edited one face with a cutout, exported all as a OBJ, (at this point I can texture it in 3DCoat okay), opened the OBJ in Milkshape3D, exported it from there to B3D format- thru Blitz it will not texture properly as a B3D model.

The LE exported OBJ can be textured in 3DCoat but when you convert the OBJ to B3D via Milkshape3D it will not texture properly? I guess I am confused by your description because I don't see how Josh would be responsible for the Milkshap3D B3D conversion? Seems like you need to talk to Milkshape3D developers. In any case, you should be able to create new UV mapping for any model using majority of modeling apps.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Create a new UV map for the OBJ in Milkshape? In any case, why are you converting to B3D? I could be wrong, but I think the idea of the export of CSG was to allow people to use them as a size and layout reference for creating models in their modeling app to replace the CSG in the LE scene.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel