Bug with textures lead to CRASH...

Epsylon

After of updating the LGE to version-4.2 Its start to crashing... and ill start the LGE from console in verbose mode to detect the bug that i "faced!!" so...

The point is: when ill trying to click to a texture object in a assets panel to add some needed changes the LGE crash with this outputs:

Segmentation fault

Game removed: AppID 251810 "Leadwerks Game Engine", ProcID 11691

No cached sticky mapping in ActivateActionSet.

Any idea about it.. an how can i fix it?

OS Debian Jessie8.6

native language: Greek.

foreign language:Russian,English

OS type:from 2009 is Linux Based ONLY!

Here is the info from screenfetch scrypt..

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64

Uptime: 57m

Packages: 2424

Shell: bash 4.3.30

Resolution: 3840x1080

DE: Cinnamon 2.2.16

WM: Muffin

WM Theme: BlueMenta (Greybird)

GTK Theme: Greybird [GTK2], Greybird [GTK3]

Icon Theme: Fog

Font: Sans 9

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core @ 3.5GHz

GPU: AMD/ATI Curacao XT [Radeon R9 270X]

RAM: 923MB / 15983MB

The current BUG is faced only in a Debian Distro with DE Cinnamon (i don have test it in outher DE on Debian).. in Ubuntu with any DE on it its works fine and without issues..

DE = desktop environment?

We only officially support stock Ubuntu at this time. The upcoming GUI refresh might work with Cinnamon, but I don't know for sure.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

DE = desktop environment?

We only officially support stock Ubuntu at this time. The upcoming GUI refresh might work with Cinnamon, but I don't know for sure.

yes! DE is a enviroment.

Well.. we wait and see) and if! at the end.. it wil not work with that DE, then we just change the DE to somthing else..i.e KDE

Fortunatly il have another linux distro as i refer on the top... and ill dont loose time to work on my projects..)

Currently using XFCE and it has no issues with Leadwerks and in the past I have used Leadwerks in Gnome without issue. Window managers such as Fluxbox may have issues with dialog boxes not loading dimensions and appearing only as a titlebar.

All tested using Debian Jessie.

Also, are you using proprietary drivers, or amdgpu open source drivers?

• Upvote 1

SpEcIeS

Did you try a different desktop manager such as XFCE, or KDE? The Cinnamon desktop in Debian Jessie is a little antiquated, but should be rock solid and stable. Debian is so versatile. Leadwerks also worked well on Gnome 3.14, which comes with Debian Jessie too.

SpEcIeS

Did you try a different desktop manager such as XFCE, or KDE? The Cinnamon desktop in Debian Jessie is a little antiquated, but should be rock solid and stable. Debian is so versatile. Leadwerks also worked well on Gnome 3.14, which comes with Debian Jessie too.

Ill used KDE on Kubuntu in the past)) and GNOME3 also...but gnome3 has a litle bit complicate composite manager of the enviroment and dramaticaly reduse the performaces of 3D applikations,and also do not cooperate wery well with proprietary FGLRX driver sad.png

so.. its not in the list of choise )) Cinnamone desktop its more light and faster..

What about KDE on debian.. it content more undesireble out of the box apps.. and ill tired to cut them out on the kubuntu..so i'm not intend to do it again in debian)) Enleast i have a second OS "ubuntu....transformed in to a MATE version (thanks to PPA) "

• 2 weeks later...

After of updating the LGE to version-4.2 Its start to crashing... and ill start the LGE from console in verbose mode to detect the bug that i "faced!!" so...

The point is: when ill trying to click to a texture object in a assets panel to add some needed changes the LGE crash with this outputs:

Segmentation fault

Game removed: AppID 251810 "Leadwerks Game Engine", ProcID 11691

No cached sticky mapping in ActivateActionSet.

Any idea about it.. an how can i fix it?

OS Debian Jessie8.6

Are you trying to load Leadwerks directly from the Terminal? If yes, it will not run. You need to start Steam from a terminal and then open Leadwerks true steam to see a proper bug in Terminal window.

• 1 month later...

Are you trying to load Leadwerks directly from the Terminal? If yes, it will not run. You need to start Steam from a terminal and then open Leadwerks true steam to see a proper bug in Terminal window.

Ill do exactle the same procedure pal.. but the problem still actual..(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll migrated on debian 9 stretch.. and the problem still the same..(

Advice to remove the project from document directory dosent help...

Probably is a major bug of DE Cinammon ...

Attempt to move on MATE desktop... well.. we will see what is goin on then..

PS. The most preferable DE is KDE but... the flatty design is look horrible to me..

All the best to your migration. :) A short time ago, I moved to Linux Mint 18.1, due to other issues I was having with Debian. Leadwerks performs very well, but, after all, it is basically Ubuntu 16.04.

Even though I am a very big fan of Debian, the stable version is very out dated and can cause issues with other software outside of its own repos.

SpEcIeS