Hi! I'm new here, have a question about an issue downloading the trial/demo version (Indie edition?) of leadwerks on Steam

TWahl

Hey guys!

I am a new user looking to get into Leadwerks, however I want to try playing around with the trial version before I commit to purchasing it, just to do the tutorials, etc. I already have a background in game design but I wanted to see the capabilities of this software to create a game concept that I have had for a long time (Leadwerks looks awesome!)

I tried downloading the Indie Edition Demo off last night off steam and I installed it on my computer, however before the engine even loads I just got an error that the trial expired right off the bat? What gives? I read around, seems like some other people were having this issue so I am not the only one perhaps, but I just really want to dig in and try this thing out, haha.

Hope I can get this fixed or some light shed on this situation, thanks all.

The demo will be updated tomorrow and your trial reset.

May I ask what brought you to Leadwerks right now? There seems to be an increase in traffic, but I have not announced the new version yet.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Thanks guys!

I am looking at Leadwerks because I was trying to find an engine that is easy to use and has good AI and FPS shooting mechanics. I had known about it previously for a long time but never really gave much thought about it until just recently.

I used to use The Game Creators "FPS Creator" to make games back in the day, but frequent bugs and limited possibilities (performance, graphics, and gameplay-wise) eventually made me give up and focus on just creating 3d models instead of making games. Nonetheless FPS Creator was still fairly powerful and you could actually create some great environments with it (and there is a huge community out there who supports it too, now that it is open source). Like I said though I just need something that allows me to really delve deep into my game's customization capabilities and doesn't sputter and lag when I throw one character in the map.

TGC was actually where I found out about Leadwerks but at the time (this was actually many years ago) I did not feel confident enough to learn how to use it (I was younger). Now I am in college and have had a fair amount of engineering courses that have taught me basic programming and can understand lua to a degree, and can probably wrap my head around Leadwerks fairly easily. I have been following TGC's Gameguru project for a long time too but I decided after witnessing how chaotic the development cycle of that engine is that it was not worth waiting potentially years until I could create something on the level that leadwerks already can now.

I am pretty sure I am going to buy this software, I am looking to create a scifi horror spaceship shooter with next gen graphics but I need to feel out leadwerks, which is why I want to give the trial a go.