Setting up New Project in LE Solution

Aaron Symons

Hi guys!

I've created a new Project in the Solution which will be for one of my custom frameworks/libraries. My framework references the Leadwerks library and classes.

I'm currently having difficulties setting up the project to compile, as I get this error:

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'OpenAL/al.h': No such file or directory

I've added the dependencies and path macros for this new Project, trying to mimic the setup of the Project in the generated Solution from Leadwerks. I'm not sure what I'm missing!

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated! smile.png

Many thanks

Win7 64-bit | Intel i7-3770 3.40GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Thats strange

1. Is LeadwerksHeaderPath really pointing to the correct place?

2. If so, are the files really there?

This is how it looks at my place

post-395-0-12221400-1472332408_thumb.png

I think including that file solved some issues, but I still have same the error as stated before. sad.png

In Leadwerks.h, I changed

#include <OpenAL/al.h>

#include <OpenAL/alc.h>

to

#include "al.h"

#include "alc.h"

and I have no more OpenAL related errors. However, I do have issues in Steamworks.h now.

Line #85 to #93: STEAM_CALLBACK() is missing an explicit type, and its parameters are all undefined.

Line #104: HHTMLBrowser is undefined.

Line #214: return type of "uint32" instead of "uint32_t".

There are many others as well. I'm guessing that I'm still missing other dependencies somewhere. dry.png

EDIT:

Line #13 in Mutex.h - pthread_mutex_t is undefined. Definitely still missing lots of dependencies! ohmy.png

I would not recommend changing anything in the Leadwerks header to solve a local compilation problem. There is nothing wrong with the Leadwerks headers. The problem is local to your installation. Solve the path-include problems instead of editing the headers.

Maybe you should give a re-installation of Leadwerks a try as the problems you describe should simply not exist in a fresh installation on Windows. If that doesn't work you could always post you project file here or PM me. Two files are of interest "projectname".vcxproj and PropertySheet.props, where "projectname" is the name of you project.

AV MX Linux

Yeah missing dependencies in your project.

You can have a look at this also:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/14990-c-example-project-with-cmake/

In CMakeLists.txt windows section you can find a list of include directories,libraries to link,compiler flags.

Warning thats not the whole list just what i needed.

Simplest way to me seems to just copy the Leadwerk generated project to other directory. Open the new project in visual studio and rename it.

And just use that after.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station