Cant move or look around in scene

AtomicHashtag

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is happening to me.  I am on an older MSI Dominator laptop with a Nvidia 980GTX video card.  I know it used to work fine and all of a sudden I can move around with the middle mouse button and scroll in and out but rotating the view does not work and pressing the right mouse button does nothing.  Reboots and new driver has not fixed the issue.

Mike

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 980 GTX with 16gb vram / SSD drives

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1060 GTX with 8gb vram / SSD drives

Alienware Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1070 Ti with 16gb vram / SSD drives

My Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/michaelfelkercomposer

My music for sale: https://www.tgcstore.net/category/513?format=all&perpage=30&textures=undefined&price=all&order=default&artists[]=87213

Custom synths and sounds - http://www.supersynths.com

• 3 months later...
On 6/22/2019 at 1:26 PM, aiaf said:

Necro posting :) , this just happen to me and its 2019.

Was solved by driver upgrade.

It's 2021 and the same thing happened to me today!!

Solved too updating to the last driver (From v.456 to v.466.27) of my NVIDIA card (GTX 970)...

Anyway it's curious... Today in the morning my Leadwerks works OK. In the Afternoon too... But at night and (without any update of Windows or any program -Trus me, I have those very controlled in this computer), my Leadwerks has suffered this Poltergeist...

Reboots, or verify my Leadwerks files on Steam, or Reinstall it doesn't work for me...

Only the UPDATE of the NVIDIA driver solves this problem in my case.

• Haha 2

On 5/6/2021 at 11:16 PM, cassius said:

try deleting the cfg file and re running the editor so it can create a new one.

I haven't needed it, since the update of the Nvidia Drivers has solved the problem for me.
However if it happens again I will try removing the cfg file...
Thanks ?

• 10 months later...

2022 and I have had this issue twice now. Tried rebooting, updating drivers, restarting steam & leadwerks, deleting the CFG etc etc
The strange thing is that Leadwerks will work fine and then suddenly it all breaks.

I noticed the logging/debugging stops working completely too, I've been wanting to debug some value using System::Print but alas nothing appears in the log. Seems more like a general failure in the editor which affects the 3D view and the logging system.

I also noticed the editor does not notice the game being closed. Another hunch I get from this is that the editor fails to hook into the the game thread or something?

Just shooting ideas here, since it's a really annoying issue. It's hard to edit and debug things (debugging in Visual Studio has issues with the game's procedural level generator, so I can't always use that) and I'm getting stuck on fixing bugs like this :I

• 4 months later...