Vegetation Collision Issues

reepblue

I've been playing with the vegetation system a bit and here are two problems I've found with the collision.

1) The collision checkbox does not seem to do anything.

It seems it's stuck at true and if a model has a phy file, it will automatically enables collisions. I set collision for all my layers to false, and the trees and rocks still had collision.

2) Collision models don't scale with the actual model scale.

I created a few rock models in blender. One model (rock01) has it's scale uniformed to 1.0,1.0,1.0, while the other two are a little bigger/smaller. If rock01 is used, it behaves as expected. When the others are used, the collision does not match the model.

Here are my rock models to test with, Note the scale value on each model. If you place the models in the scene "normally" (Not vegetation), everything will work fine.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

• 2 weeks later...

to the question 1)

the collision checkbox activates the "pickMode" selected on your material to stop the bullet if you shoot with a gun. Without the checkbox activated, "pickMode" from material has no effect.

Problem 2)

The shape scale problem can be solved using Raycast (pick function) from the player camera; on this way the player movements collision can be detected and stopped ! (with "pickmode" on material and collision checkbox on terrain vegetation checked) smile.png

By using this, the model doesn't need a shape (none).

This may not be a solution as good as using a shape (more physics realistic) but until a better solution be found, it's usable ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I believe all these issues are fixed for the next build. I knew there would be a few small problems with the vegetation system which is why we are calling the current build a "preview".

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.