LE Fails to start

Braqoon

Hi,

My installation of LE behaves badly today. I had it working just fine few days ago but today is not happy.

So when I run it from Steam I'm getting an error that executable is not found but when I run it from terminal All is nice and working , added steam_appid.txt to make it work.

Looks to me like Steam publishing did not go as expected. Where there was an update ? I'm honestly not sure did 3.6 is now official release recently updated or was it for some time now.

I did remove all content from my box and re-installed LE. Same result.

This cannot be a distro specific but just for FYI , I run LE on Slackware 14.1 with KDE.

Please see attached screenshots.

post-14775-0-29315500-1447889574_thumb.jpg

post-14775-0-38978700-1447889584_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I just got this yesterday and considered it a fluke. Today I went through some troubleshooting steps, which included a fresh reinstall and got the same error.

What did you place in steam_appid.txt that got it working?

This is an ID that steam assigns to each product. Here :

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251810/

Number is the steam ID. But this is no hack to make it run outside the Steam. This only allows to run Steam integrated software outside Steam while Steam is running. Best eg. is you can test your new version of software how it works in Steam without uploading it to Steam.

• Upvote 1

This is an ID that steam assigns to each product. Here :

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251810/

Number is the steam ID. But this is no hack to make it run outside the Steam. This only allows to run Steam integrated software outside Steam while Steam is running. Best eg. is you can test your new version of software how it works in Steam without uploading it to Steam.

Thanks for the response :)

GPG: 3694569D | Peppermint OS | i7 | GTX 960 | Github