How to use the GUI classes? (Stumbled on them)

Chimera

Probably a stupid question, but I just started using Leadwerks again, and happened to stumble across classes like GUI, Button, TextButton, etc in autocomplete. Are these just leftovers of something, or are they something new? Can't find any docs on them and using them tends to give errors about shaders.

Josh added these in the 3.6 update, but there is currently no code for them as of yet. Attempting to use them will crash your application.

Any idea when they might be fully implemented? I was actually about to try either making my own GUI system or using your template when I stumbled on them, but it would be so much easier if it was already in the engine.

No, there is no licence for LEX. Maybe "LEX2" will if I ever decide to work on it, but this is 100% for the community, and free to use. Copyright tags are just there just to let you know I wrote the damn thing. Maybe I should have just put "Written by reepblue" but I'm so use to working with CPPs with large commented headers. Don't worry about it.

I do admit, you might find it confusing at first. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or post on the LEX topic. Thanks.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!