Dynamic Scopes with the Camera Entity

SleepingHollow

Just had a question with whether it is possible to make a dynamic scope for a weapon using the Camera Entity. I have the camera mounted in front of the scope of the weapon in the prefab and set the Render target on the scopes .tex. Inside the editor it seems to be working but in game the scope is just black. I have no idea if this was at all possible just gave it a shot. Any ideas would be awesome!

you could also just set the Field of view from your fpsplayer camera, and draw a scope image on the screen while scoping.

make the FOV to 20 degrees, it has a zooming effect.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/api-reference/_/camera/camerasetfov-r208

Yeah I could, but personally I love the look and feel of a dynamic scope

Okay, I think I found the cause of this. The camera was not setting the render target when it was copied from the loaded prefab. You can get around this temporarily by setting the render target in the script, but it will be fixed in the next update.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.