Use Notepad++ for Lua Scripting

MaxAigner

I don't think you will be able to use debugger but you can simply point to your LUA game executable and run it via Notepad++. Since its LUA no compilation is required and your game will use the new script content.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

@Olby: thank you again! I did not quite get it to run but it makes sence so I will try it these days..

@YouGroove:

I am currently using Notepad++ and NOT the LE3 Lua Editor because I want these features:

• autocompletion
  • CTRL+Left / Right --> skip a Word function
  • CTRL+Backspace --> delete a word
  • CTRL+SHIFT+ Left/Right --> Select a whole Word.
  • When I select a Word all other Words around (which have the same content) are highlighted
  • Better coordination of the STRG+F Search (text in search-textbox should be selected after STRG+F -> F3 Key - "SearchNext" should work immediately after I typed the text in the searchbox and pressed ENTER

those are so easy functions and for me it enhances my development a lot. Notepad++ has these features so I use this..

I just quickly looked at it and seems like Np++ is expecting the executable to be in the Windows PATH variable. You can add your game's folder to the PATH environment variable and then Run Np++ using e.g. "LEGame.debug.exe". Have a look at the help file perhaps there is another way to run this using absolute path.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)