Hello people. I am working on a new Marble Run like game (Because I may or may not have deleted my first one...). I have a few quick questions though

1. How do you add a start menu with a way to start a new game, and a way to choose different worlds. I sort of had in mind a thing like where it would show a picture with a yellow box around it, and you choose world 1 or world 2, but just have no clue what I am doing

2. How do you add a logo-animation at the beginning of the game while it loads (Like how valve has the guy with the valve in his head at the beginning of portal/halflife/every other valve game)?

Thank you in advance for responding.

There are 2 main ways to simplify a front-end for your game.

FlowGUI - http://www.aggrortutorials.com/index.php/store/product/1-flowgui

Not free but I bought it when I needed something done quick and it worked fine for what I was after and was quick to set up. It's not been updated for a while, but it had had several revisions and is not incomplete or half done. Also includes inventory item support.

LEX template - http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/13171-leadwerks-extended-executable-template/page__hl__template

Free - Not used it yet but I intend to give it a try. Maybe try that and see if it does what you want.

Or another idea which I liked in some older games.

The menu where already ingame. I can remember an arcade bowling game where you controlled the bowlingball and selected the level with the game controls.

Or another example even though it also included a normal menu is Portal 2 coop where you land with your partner to select a level.