Programming is not that easy! "Struggles"

DimitriAki

5 years ago I wanted to learn programming. Still don't know how they make a script for a game.

I mean i know how to make make up a website with HTML and CSS. But i guess that is something totally different.

A lot of people say that programming is pretty easy once you know the basics. Like Variables Loops and something new I've learned Tables. i mean u can tell me what a Loop is but i will never shake this out of my head >>>

--Create a window

window = Window:Create()

--Create a rendering context

context = Context:Create(window)

--While loop

while window:KeyHit(Key.Escape)==false do

--Set the drawing color and clear the screen

context:SetColor(0,0,0)

context:Clear()

--Set the drawing color and blend mode

context:SetColor(1,1,1)

context:SetBlendMode(Blend.Alpha)

--Draw some text onscreen

context:DrawText("PRESS ESCAPE TO END THE PROGRAM.",2,2)

--Update the screen

context:Sync()

end

So my point is. Are there any specific ways to learn programming or replace programming in some way for people that are struggling with this problem. This is something that should not make someone give up their idea because he or she can not write a code.

thanks for reading,

Jefferey Oertel

2D/3D Artist

At some point you will have to just grind your teeth and get through that kind of code. Lua is actually one of the nicer languages for beginners, so it could be even worse wink.png . But if your more the graphical/artistic kind of person, maybe a visual programming language like https://scratch.mit.edu is a better starting point for you to easier grasp fundamental elements like loops, conditional expressions etc.

A loop is easy enough to understand.Without one your program would quickly read your code rom the top down then end in a few seconds.

A loop holds it in a kind of bubble until the user hits escape button.You can call functions from within the loop to make your gameplay code.

A long time ago I read that people who are good at crossword puzzles will probably make good progammers

Probably true

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I offer 1 on 1 training over skype if maybe you'd learn better from a person. Send me a PM and we can talk about it if you like. Sometimes it's easier to learn something live from a real person. That's why we have teachers and everything isn't done over the internet :)

..everybody can drive car new days, and you could say thats already over basic skills for such action, after few years of driving, yet, almost everybody failing miserably when you put them on to racing track...same techniques already learned, need to be utilized as they are, every day, just on a bit 'higher note'..same goes for programming, or any job out there in particular (have you ever try to do carpenter job for yourself?? I did, and its no joke..) .. so, i would not say that programming is not easy..no job is easy if you dont master it properly or dont understand how it suppose to be done...just spend some time, learn things where you notice that you struggling, and eventually, you will achieve what you need/want..

• Upvote 2

learn one language for the Basic concept. all other languages are the "same"

best to learn is one language you become good error Messages helping you to find your fault

80% faults are mistakes in writinglaugh.png

copy paste is your friend -for LE just steal from the Api Reference and adapt the code.

i startet in the 80s with blink.png

10 Print "Hello"

20 Goto 10

RUN

All those goto;s and gosubs and line numbers. Thank God all that changed.

Sorry to say, but i liked those line numbers and gosubs and goto's. That were the good old days. smile.png

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3