more shortcuts

Slastraf

I would want to see things like "r" for rotating an model

or "s" for scaling with the mouse other than just pressing a thing in the toolbar,

a little bit like in blender so the overall is more smooth.

I dont know if this was posted already or if you can access things like that in the settings.

• Upvote 3

I promise I will not ever make the interface more like Blender.

That's a real shame. Blender's user interface is very well thought through.

(Also, this statement makes me wonder, why you wanted this Blender plugin, if you seem to despise Blender.)

I don't know if Blenders interface is well thought out. It looks to me like its thought out by a dozen different people who have never met or talked.

The panel on the right side of the blender screen remains somewhat of a mystery to me exept for the spanner button that brings up modifiers.I will have to check out the shortcuts.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I don't dislike Blender, it's just well known to have one of the most user-hostile UIs in the world.

BTW, the 1, 2, & 3 keys will switch between translation, rotation, and scale.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I don't dislike Blender, it's just well known to have one of the most user-hostile UIs in the world.

Nobody asked for a UI with more buttons. Only short cut hot keys. Anytime you have to move the mouse and click a widget it is a waste of time.

The default UI in blender was made that way for a reason. Blender has thousands of features. They try to make a lot features visible in the default UI so you can get familiar with them so you a not learning everything completely new for each stage of modeling,animating,texturing,game engine,etc.... The UI in blender is completely customizable. If you don't like something about the UI you can just take it out.

Most people try to learn on their own and fail miserably.

My best advice is to pay for some of the good tutorials on blender cookie. After all the application is free. And if you are having more problems understanding. You can probably find anything you want to find on YouTube for free.

• Upvote 1

aah I see BTW I can't find this info in the editor tutorial?

• Upvote 2

Ignore my silly nick