After a long while of inactivity on the forums, I wanted to take the time and share my boilerplate and base game application, in c++, for the Leadwerks game engine. The source can be found here.

This project uses V$ 2013, C++11 and Leadwerks 3.X. There are currently no external dependencies outside from the full version of Leadwerks Game Engine, on Steam. If you have any problems setting up the application just let me know. I will gladly assist in any way possible. You should be able to clone/download the repo, drag in the Leadwerks asset folders, and be on your way!

What it includes:

• Base Game Object
  • Input Manager
  • State Manager
  • Camera Manager

Planned enhancements:

• Event Management
  • Network integration with Steam
  • Voxel Management
  • Game Object Management
  • Weapons and Bullets
  • Several generic C++ containers
  • much much more

The planned enhancements are actually already complete, I am just taking them out from my existing game application, cleaning them up, and adding documentation. I look to push changes to the public-facing repository bi-monthly.

I would love to get some feedback about what you guys and gals think, whether you are using it in your projects, and or what you think the template could use. I will be posting notes on my IndieDB blog as well to follow my releases.

P.S. The current template contains a simple example, demonstrating the use of the Game Object, Camera Manager, and how to switch between Camera Behaviors.

• Upvote 5

• 9 months later...

Not sure if it is the best idea to revive this older thread however the template project has gone many architectural changes over the last few months. I wanted to get some exposure on the existing features before I continue to diverge with further support. The framework is pretty solid and clean. Any feedback is welcome. I have not merge modifications into master as this will be breaking so make sure to pull the develop branch at this time.

The new project features the following:

• A new service called AppController which takes control of your applications execution pipeline from startup, running and shutdown.
  • A lightweight dependency injection framework known as Container.
  • Added sqLite dependency as a database storage option (no interface yet).
  • Added squirrel script support (no interface yet).
  • Added LuaTables++ to make lua script serialization and deserialization very simple.
  • Cleaned up StateManager class, utilizing generics for state manipulation.
  • Added an optimized Leadwerks isosurface generator with a modeler utility to help manipulate your voxel data.
  • A fully functional and expansive entity component system with several example components. There are also two example entities that are available that use the existing components as an example.
  • Cleaned up EventManager with a handful of sample events. A great example of their use can be seen in the StateManager.

• Upvote 2