Demo version limitations

Braqoon

Hi All,

I'm using a demo version to evaluate is the engine will be a good purchase. Seems like there is no list what's disabled/ not working in demo version apart from it's just LUA for scripting.

I have tried to publish (create a standalone version of map I have created) but engine does not allow (button is not active). I assume this is due to demo version but would like to be certain.

Does published version of a game will allow anyone who have my game and Leadwerks engine to import maps and models from my game?

How easy is to create main menu or HUD in the game ? Official tutorials and documentations are silent on this.

I already know that Linux version have no single Viewport mode but I suspect that's not all.

Cheers

When you publish it makes a standalone game with encrypted assets archive. Your friends, family or customers will not need Leadwerks to play it.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

When you publish it makes a standalone game with encrypted assets archive. Your friends, family or customers will not need Leadwerks to play it.

Thanks, that answers one question :) but does publish button generate binary for given OS ? do you have maybe something I can download and see for myself (even one of the default maps)? Linux please if possible, Win is also OK.

Currently the LUA version comes with libraries for both Linux and Windows. So if you publish a game it will contain both executables. Presumably in the future when Mac OSX will be added you will be able to publish on all three platforms with a single click. Also Steam Workshop games are coming this summer. Josh is working on the Leadwerks Game Launcher. This will allow you to publish your games and demos on Steam for free to all users who have downloaded the Game Launcher. Without it you would have to either manually distribute your game (zipped archive) or go through Steam Greenlight hoping you will get accepted.

Attached is the Marble Game standalone version (published using v3.5 beta).

Marble.zip

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Also Steam Workshop games are coming this summer. Josh is working on the Leadwerks Game Launcher. This will allow you to publish your games and demos on Steam for free to all users who have downloaded the Game Launcher. Without it you would have to either manually distribute your game (zipped archive) or go through Steam Greenlight hoping you will get accepted.

Yes, for free games or demos this will work, not for commercial though. Greenlight/Steam and other forms of distribution are no problem.

I'm more interested how this engine is ready for commercial releases. OSX release date would be nice too but from posts around this forum it looks like this engine is maintained by one person. This can be a long time.

Thanks for the game, will check it later.

Support for OSX can be turned on relatively easily, but it isn't a high priority right now, especially since it involves a reboot / sync / build every time I post an update. I expect this will be added at some point in the future, but not right now.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Support for OSX can be turned on relatively easily, but it isn't a high priority right now, especially since it involves a reboot / sync / build every time I post an update. I expect this will be added at some point in the future, but not right now.

Sure Josh, for me personally is not a massive problem, but single viewport on Linux would be great :) Thanks