Different Water Heights

alanivanoff

I think it would be very handy if the water height set different water heights for different landscape locations. I mean change World::SetWaterHeight( float height ) to something like World::SetWaterHeight( float height, float x, float y ), where (x,y) is a landscape point.

• Upvote 2

if you have multiple floors you could change the water height as soon as you enter a floor as a workaround.

This seems feasible, although I'm sure there would be an FPS drop from it.

It reminds me of Little Big Planet where you can mess with different items and get some sweet outcomes for level design.

I honestly think that's where my so-called spark to try making a game came from.

I agree only having a universal water height is going hinder certain level designs.

What if I want to create a map where there is a river that contains a waterfall and small pool at the bottom of the waterfall?

The waterfall itself could just be particle effects, but I like for the river and pool to be defined as water areas where the player can swim and for physics objects to float.