Editor(IDE) themes

arnzzz

Hey

I would love to see a couple of themes available for the IDE, like Intellij has themes and Unity and Visual Studio.

Just helps make the working environmentmore fun and enjoyable.

Also I think dark themes like IntelliJ Darcula or Visual Studio dark looks VERY professional compared to the color of the IDE as it is now.

• Upvote 1

You can change the colours of the script editor in the Options menu of LE.

That's really not what I mean, thanks for the input though.

Its a start i suppose, but generally, a more polished UI with themes that are throughout would look more professional.

Look at skyline engine, their IDE looks VERY professional imho.

can someone tell me why the image i added to my original post has been taken down?

If you post an image and say "make this more like Unity" that does not make a very convincing case. If anything, we should do the opposite.

It's not a bad idea, but our approach has been to use the standard GUI for each operating system, so you know how to use it right away and don't have to learn a new interface.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

"make this more like Unity" ... does not make a very convincing case. If anything, we should do the opposite.

I'm curious about this concept, considering that Leadwerks has a lot of things in common with other engines. User demand and UI familiarity are important things to an engine so why insist on the opposite?

For example, people reasonably ask for a pivot button on the left of the editor. How does "I can't do that because [other engine] already does this" help Leadwerks?

I don't mind the basic GUI colors as I've spent years staring at Hammer's UI for over 6 years which kept it's 90's feel unless you applied a manifest. A "Dark Skin" would be nice, but I think something like allowing users to customize their workflow layout, Toolbar adjustments,and hotkeys to increase workflow is far more important then a nice coat of paint.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

I'm curious about this concept, considering that Leadwerks has a lot of things in common with other engines. User demand and UI familiarity are important things to an engine so why insist on the opposite?

For example, people reasonably ask for a pivot button on the left of the editor. How does "I can't do that because [other engine] already does this" help Leadwerks?

You don't let competitors define your product roadmap:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000339.html

I want to spend our time moving forward, not second guessing the basics.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Maybe in Leadwerks 4 this will happen. But we've got more than enough to make Leadwerks 3 a big hit so let's do that first.

• Upvote 3