WhatchaMaCallit

awgsknite

idunno what to call it yet 'cos I'm still making it.

But I do have weapons, it is FPS ,RPG, driving and inventory that is 3D !

3D spinning inventory objects for inventory ! I'm sick of seeing tiny icons for inventory !! The screeny below is a test cheese inventory item spinning as you hover over the cheese icon in the inventory !

I'm stil prototyping and just getting the main mechanics gameplay setup. I don't even know if it's going to be a sci-fi or medieval game or both or .......we'll have to see as things are coming together nicely so far and all dreams are being recreated as planned !

Hm9SVni.jpg?1

• Upvote 4

That is pretty damn awesome, how did you manage to do it?

Thanks !

he instant a prefab and rotates it

nope.. I tried that and it failed. So i did it the easiest way. Maybe you can figure it out ?

Oh yeah maybe you can't 'cos you never tried so I'll tell you : I just parent each inventory item infront of the player and show / hide at the precise moments using FlowGUI

Oh yeah maybe you can't 'cos you never tried so I'll tell you : I just parent each inventory item infront of the player and show / hide at the precise moments using FlowGUI

wouldn't think that would be too good for performance wise though.

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

wouldn't think that would be too good for performance wise though.

I didn't have a choice. Every time I tried to load a prefab and parent it to the player it would load the prefab in different places and not in the center of the screen. It does not seem to have any performance issues yet anyways

Every time I tried to load a prefab and parent it to the player it would load the prefab in different places and not in the center of the screen

Did you posted a bug ?

Because parent/child functionnality is essential to work perfect in any 3D engine : high priority bug.

I think we are talking about the same BIG bug blink.png

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/12145-prefab-physic-child-wrong-position/

Stop toying and make games

I didn't have a choice. Every time I tried to load a prefab and parent it to the player it would load the prefab in different places and not in the center of the screen. It does not seem to have any performance issues yet anyways

yep, the parenting bug has stalled my work on my project too

Is this a problem with prefabs or models? or models/prefabs with mass/physics? I am curious because I have been parenting items through code/editor and I am not experiencing the same problems.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Is this a problem with prefabs or models? or models/prefabs with mass/physics? I am curious because I have been parenting items through code/editor and I am not experiencing the same problems.

Take the time to look at the link i posted and try it.

You put some objects having physics as childs of one other other object or pivot, and save them as prefab.

When you load and instance your saved prefab by code, the childs objects get spwaned at a different distant position instead of keeping their position as childs.

This is a old prefab bug with child objects.

Stop toying and make games

This looks like the issue is due to at what point the physics take over. By using the editor to place prefabs, you are setting the position of the prefab and its children before the App loop (physics updates/rendering) occurs. When you load a prefab via code in the update loop and the prefab's child object has mass, then physics/gravity immediately takes over the positioning of the child - using the initial position from the prefab load to start from. Physics will break the positional relationship between the parent and child. Whether or not this is intentional in this case of loading a prefab, it follows with how it works in the rest of the engine. Two ways I see around it until Josh does something about it (assuming he sees it as an unintentional effect and makes it more newb/beginner friendly):

1) Add mass to the prefab and children after it is loaded/position is set

or

2) Set the position of the prefab and the children components

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel