transparent.shader issue

When using the glass material, I assume Leadwerks continues to cull the objects behind the object. This leads to views where most of your level is simply missing. This does not happen in the editor.

I have a map uploaded to demonstrate the bug. When you load the map in the editor you will see there are 3 colored boxes at the end of a path. When you start the map BEFORE you start to move, you will only see the blue box. Walk backwards and all the boxes appear. Walk back up to the glass. Strafe left or right. As you get to the edge of the glass the box in that direction appears. You can also make it happen by standing close to the glass and looking left or right.

Also is there way in lua to simply disable culling totally in the game? I have other issues with the way Leadwerks culls objects. If not, can I designate an object as something that should not be put in the culling list?

trasnparency_bug.zip

I can guarantee you this is a driver error. The driver is performing the occlusion test without taking discard into account, or the discard is somehow still writing a depth value. AMD is really dropping the ball lately.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 months later...

Darn, I just noticed I have this problem too. I'm on an AMD APU and I updated to the 14.9 drivers to see if it would fix it but it hasn't.

Edit: I got glass working better by changing the material settings as per below. Not sure if I messed with these settings earlier but now objects behind the glass are no longer disappearing,

post-13640-0-30952000-1420587209.jpg

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

Hey xtom!

Thanks for the help, I can see through the window now biggrin.png

However now the window frame is glowing... Any ideas?

Cheers!

Edit: Whoops I managed to get mixed up between tabs :S This was meant for another thread on the same subject sorry :/ Any admin, please feel free to delete I don't see the button to do so

Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit, 8GB RAM)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70GHz

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7970M

aETCf3t.png

• 5 weeks later...

When I apply this shader to a material and apply the transparent material to a block, it doesn't show any models, but it does still show the shadows of the models. In the engine, it shows transparent fine.

Screenshot: Left is in-game, right is in the engine. Using the flashlight does have a neat little ghostly effect though haha

post-13771-0-17345600-1423324001_thumb.png