Amnesia style notes.

lxFirebal69xl

I put this in my game and it worked in the LE editor when playing but when i published my .exe game it keeps crashing when trying to see the note in the published game. How to fix it ?

I'm using Lua btw (I don't have the C++ LE yet) Is that why it does not work ? I did disable the lua sandbox in the editor

I put this in my game and it worked in the LE editor when playing but when i published my .exe game it keeps crashing when trying to see the note in the published game. How to fix it ?

I'm using Lua btw (I don't have the C++ LE yet) Is that why it does not work ? I did disable the lua sandbox in the editor

you have to use .lua (instead of .txt) with sand box on for when publishing with it or else it wont work

you mean on the steam workshop publishing? right?

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

I was only publishing to test the game and not to steam. I used the project manager and hit publish there which made the exe and all those other files

I tried both with lua sandbox on and off and each time it crashed when playing the .exe published game. But it works in the editor

I can't unzip it 'cos I don't know the password. How do I get the password for it ? It's asking for a password.

*edit *

I found out you don't need a password with the export option and you lose some things in your game...

I just tried to play the exported game and checked to see for that note.lua script and it is not there. Also all my weapons from the weapons addon are not showing up as well as the fire pit in my mainmenu and other things... Anyone else try to publish a game with this note.lua and get it to work ?

I don´t think the note.lua script creates the problem. Or at least it does nothing special that i would consider it that it might.

Also if there are other things missing that you use in your game it looks like a general issue.

If you publish the game you get a zip-file. Are you able to look into it? You can use 7-zip that is able to open zip files without needing to extract them. I was able to see the files but you can´t extract them without knowing the secret password.

I don´t think the note.lua script creates the problem. Or at least it does nothing special that i would consider it that it might.

Also if there are other things missing that you use in your game it looks like a general issue.

If you publish the game you get a zip-file. Are you able to look into it? You can use 7-zip that is able to open zip files without needing to extract them. I was able to see the files but you can´t extract them without knowing the secret password.

When I go to publish the game (not using the export option) everything shows up all assets and it works great. Just not your note.lua. If i try to unzip it it asks for a password which i don't know. How do i get that password ?

When I go to publish the game (not using the export option) everything shows up all assets and it works great. Just not your note.lua. If i try to unzip it it asks for a password which i don't know. How do i get that password ?

I don't think we are suppose to.

so the note.lua file does not get published?

does any other workshop script does not get published? Is that the only workshop file you use in the project?

the note.lua does only get used in the script field of an entity. So it sounds a bit like publishing does not take the script file attached to an entity into account.

does any other workshop script does not get published? Is that the only workshop file you use in the project?

the note.lua does only get used in the script field of an entity. So it sounds a bit like publishing does not take the script file attached to an entity into account.

you might be on to something there, but I don't know anything about the publishing through leadwerks. so I guess it's possible huh.png ?

like i said b4 it is the only one out of all my assets that dont show up in the files. I have many workshop files included in my game. prefab car, crates, etc.. to name a few. All my other entities are using script files also but they are not from the workshop. So maybe all workshop script files attached to entities do not get published ? This note.lua is the only workshop script file im currently using in my game atm. Im stil building/ prototyping/ testing and do not have many things in my game atm also. I mainly have FlowGUI and my amazing inventory of whatnots along with a menusystem

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Josh said:

I am curious, who's account is this item uploaded on?:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=388493460

I have seen this feature reused in so many games. It would be nice to have this in the downloads area.

Notes.zip 923.01 kB · 0 downloads

Last time I tried to use that it crashed on me. But that was years ago and maybe I had the actual notes.txt or whatever it is importing in some other folder and maybe it crashed because of that.