A Demon's Game

lxFirebal69xl

Hmmm, some Linux issues here if you care for it.

Your App.lua wants to load Start.map while the actual start map is called start.map, so it fails because of case sensitive file systems.

I thought Leadwerks had built-in means to ignore case sensitivity. I'm kinda surprised to see this issue. This is something Josh might want to look into.

There are also issues with the shaders which I will address elsewhere because shadmar done goofed apparently.

Also Aggror still hasn't fixed flow GUI on Linux even though I reported it to him and he said he'd take a look. :<

Seems like you yourself have little to no fault for A Demon's Game not working on Linux currently, so don't sweat it.

EDIT: Actually it looks like shadmar has corrected his issues with his post process shaders already. Are you on the latest version form the workshop?

There is an issue where every effect that includes the passthrough shader will crash because it gets loaded like this.

self.shader_pass = Shader:Load("/Shaders/PostEffects/00_shaders/_passthrough.shader")

See the / infront of the file name? On Windows that means nothing but on Linux any path with a / in front is an absolute path from the root of the file system instead of a relative one that would look inside the game's folder. Imagine on Windows it would say self.shader_pass = Shader:Load("C:\Shaders\PostEffects\00_shaders\_passthrough.shader") . It's fairly obvious why that wouldn't find the shader.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, some Linux issues here if you care for it.

Your App.lua calls wants to load Start.map while the actual start map is called start.map, so it fails because of case sensitive file systems.

I thought Leadwerks had built-in means to ignore case sensitivity. I'm kinda surprised to see this issue. This is something Josh might want to look into.

There are also issues with the shaders which I will address elsewhere because shadmar done goofed apparently.

Also Aggror still hasn't fixed flow GUI on Linux even though I reported it to him and he said he'd take a look. :<

Seems like you yourself have little to no fault for A Demon's Game not working on Linux currently, so don't sweat it.

EDIT: Actually it looks like shadmar has corrected his issues with his post process shaders already. Are you on the latest version form the workshop?

There is an issue where every effect that includes the passthrough shader will crash because it gets loaded like this.

self.shader_pass = Shader:Load("/Shaders/PostEffects/00_shaders/_passthrough.shader")

See the / infront of the file name? On Windows that means nothing but on Linux any path with a / in front is an absolute path from the root of the file system instead of a relative one that would look inside the game's folder. Imagine on Windows it would say self.shader_pass = Shader:Load("C:\Shaders\PostEffects\00_shaders\_passthrough.shader") . It's fairly obvious why that wouldn't find the shader.

When shadmar updated his stuff I was asleep so I dind't see it, however, I've updated the file and will upload it separately as a linux version, see if that works.

There isn't really a need to have a Linux specific version as long as you are working with Lua only. You always get an executable for both Windows and Linux.

But yes, updating the shaders fixed the shader related crashes. The other issues prevail though and are not really on you but rather Josh and Aggror.

There isn't really a need to have a Linux specific version as long as you are working with Lua only. You always get an executable for both Windows and Linux.

But yes, updating the shaders fixed the shader related crashes. The other issues prevail though and are not really on you but rather Josh and Aggror.

Yea I know, but still, I put it up as a linux version as a marketing strategy "OH IT RUNS ON LINUX", most people don't undestand how the LUA works, so I took advantage of that. I'm a scumbag.

EUUbW8R.jpg

You can find the concept page here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400502301

I should mention that votes right now don't matter, as this isn't the actual greenlight process. But votes and favorites do help me to see if you like what you see!

Be sure to share this around with your friends and whatnot to help the game get a bit more attention!

Please support the indiegogo!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-demon-s-game/x/9995381

good thing it's in the concept page and not the greenlight as of yet, we learned from nick.ace's mistake, sorry nick sad.png

What did nick do wrong? I actually don't know :P

What did nick do wrong? I actually don't know tongue.png

he put his game on the greenlight page to early, and thus now has to find other mean's of advertising, and exposes, you really only need to do greenlight that when you have a close finished project not a concept, as people are more interested in finished-ish game more or less, except a few exception's.

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

he put his game on the greenlight page to early, and thus now has to find other mean's of advertising, and exposes, you really only need to do greenlight that when you have a close finished project not a concept, as people are more interested in finished-ish game more or less, except a few exception's.

Oh I see, that rather sucks, poor nick :(

New Alpha available for backers!

post-13811-0-81298400-1425585639_thumb.jpg

I recently got around to making a more polished version of the game available for backers of the indiegogo! It contains 2 levels, each of them with easter eggs and a lot of details and hints as to what you will be facing in the game!

You're going to be playing one level of "The Caves" and one in the "Sewers"!

It's going to take you from 15-30 minutes to play all the levels, since not everyone explores as much as they should :)

I hope you backers have fun with this! And as always, constructive criticism is always appreciated!

Would you like to back the game? For just 5 dollars, you get acess to all the demos and the full game at a discount price! Get it now while it's still available!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-demon-s-game/x/9995381

Personally I'd trash that 'trailer'. Or at least rename it as something else and make a new one. The trailer's narrative, info about indiegogo stuff, and the continuous motion rollercoaster ride through the levels kind of dulls it down. The trailer, for many potential buyers, is the first impression on your game. Right now it kind of sounds similar to your dev log, which is a sure way for many impatient users to just downvote your game. It's supposed to be a horror game, isn't it? Show some glimpses of suspense from the game. Maybe get a voice changer and narrate the trailer in some scary voice (or whatever tone blondie Satan has). Less talking though, and more experiencing the game.

But otherwise, work so far looks good man.

• Upvote 1

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Personally I'd trash that 'trailer'. Or at least rename it as something else and make a new one. The trailer's narrative, info about indiegogo stuff, and the continuous motion rollercoaster ride through the levels kind of dulls it down. The trailer, for many potential buyers, is the first impression on your game. Right now it kind of sounds similar to your dev log, which is a sure way for many impatient users to just downvote your game. It's supposed to be a horror game, isn't it? Show some glimpses of suspense from the game. Maybe get a voice changer and narrate the trailer in some scary voice (or whatever tone blondie Satan has). Less talking though, and more experiencing the game.

But otherwise, work so far looks good man.

I'm currently working on a new one which has minimal talking and shows off a lot of moments the game contains! I completely agree with you on this, and I'll work to change it. Thanks for the feedback! :)

The video shows other games, at first i thaught it was this game, but no sad.png

Perhaps remove others games references to avoid making deception. You won't make some FPS game and in your video put in some passages Crysis 3 gameplay ?

Stop toying and make games