Unicode

Masterxilo

• 4 months later...

Definitely. To make it clear: I have to cast strings from Leadwerks with an ANSI encoding, otherwise the text is just garbled symbols, which means Unicode is not there.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

Working with a tool you wrote, which I don't see available for public use, isn't working for the whole engine :P

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

I don't see unicode fit into the free software category, since everyone should speak english. When people choose not to follow the global standard, they should pay for it. So software which supports unicode must be commercial. There are also programs and games which are commercial on Windows and Mac, but free on Linux. That's a cool idea which I want to follow too.

I think when someone pays Josh to implement unicode, then he could do it. But I hope it will be a seperate DLL, since I don't want to bloat my DLL with things I don't support for free.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

That had nothing to do with this feature request, and neither does this post.

-----

-----

-----

I was talking about your post and my reply to your post.

-----

-----

-----

It did, I said unicode needs to be commercial. Josh has said earlier also, that he could do many things, if people paid him to do it (who wouldn't?). But as long people want everything for free, they get only the things which are supposed to be free.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

ANSI to Unicode conversion in almost any modern language should take less than 20 lines.

Now I won't pay for such a thing. I could care less, since the .NET headers do it (implicitly) in a line anyway.

I simply think it would be better for the whole community not to have to worry about their input language - in such a flexible engine, one should be able to opt to offer his game in multiple languages. Moreover, many members of this community use foreign languages.

tl;dr: +1.