[INCOMPLETE] Bug with High Loads?

nick.ace

Here is the issue I'm having. I recently updated my map with a ton of new assets. Anyway, I still get about 30 fps, but when I have the number of assets that I now have in the scene, it crashes, particularly when I move the camera to face the more dense areas. Sometimes it even crashes outright. When I remove a few buildings or a few cars, this doesn't happen.

I can't upload the map, but maybe this video will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRo1zVLjOvk

Video Card: GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Processor: AMD FX-4130

Also, I thought this might be an occlusion culling bug, but when I disabled it on the entities that I delete at the end of the video, it I still get crashes. It also doesn't really matter what entities I delete. I deleted cars before and this stopped the problem. I would expect a lower FPS maybe, but not a crash.

Does anyone have a clue on what might be happening?

I had a problem like this and it was down to

Assertion failed: npath < m_maxPath, file c:\leadwerks\engine\source\libraries\recastnavigation\detourcrowd\source\detourpathcorridor.cpp, line 506

I had to run it in debug mode and it didn't show as and error it was in the output window.

Asus Extreme v x99, Intel I7, Windows 8.1 64 Bit, SSD, Geforce GTX 980 4GB, 16GB Ripjaw DDR4

I don't think it's a recast error for me. It seems like it's some sort of memory issue or something.

Edit: After some more tests, it appears to be a unique entity or surface problem meaning that it's not the amount of geometry affecting this, but the number of unique entities. I can duplicate a high-poly building multiple times, but whenever a new building is added to the scene, the scene is more likely to crash.

• 2 weeks later...