Global Illumination light samplers.

Christian Clavet

Hi,

This open source project has managed to get a way to bake the global illumination into "light sampler" in their environment lighting. I think they use a deffered rendering system and their source is MIT so you can check if it's possible to have that in Leadwerks and you will not need to publish back the code.

I don't know how they proceed, but the result is really impressive!!

Check here.

Tesseract has everything real time.

EDIT : ok i just missed it, GI is showed at 3.15, this is fast because they calculate using octree, as their game levels are based on Octree BSP , im' not sure GI to work on models assets.

This open source project has managed to get a way to bake the global illumination into "light sampler" in their environment lighting

They bake lightening data in some octree system, it reminds me AC4 engine,

http://bartwronski.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/assassin_s-creed-4-digital-dragons-2014-no_notes.pdf

The game was looking good, but not as good as last one using PBR , this is where i should bet instead of GI.

I mean LE3 games wouldn't look so much better just bringing GI, a lot depends on your game design and lightening.

Stop toying and make games

Um, Tesseract does have GI. It's in the video on the site and in the text under the video.

"The new rendering features include fully dynamic omnidirectional shadows, global illumination, HDR lighting, deferred shading, morphological/temporal/multisample anti-aliasing, and much more."

PBR is still new so very few engines have it.