Animation import problem

Slastraf

Hello Community

I have a problem with a low poly character animation to leadwerks (again)

In Blender the character and animation rig seems to be fine, I already used ctrl+a,

used the leadwerks exporter as well as regular .fbx export , but in leadwerks model editor

the bones seem not to be attached to the model, they just loop the animation and the model is always on the first frame of the default animation.

regards

Friedrich Betz

player.fbx

Have you got an animated shader as a material? Leadwerks uses the GPU to apply the animation transforms, so if you have a standard material, you won't see movement.

And, if you are on linux, the model viewer, at least for me, is extremely buggy.. no way to tell what is happening unless you view the model inside the engine itself.

It also seems that, when using the blender exporter i need to have the skeleton selected in pose mode (not the object itself) before export or things go wrong with multiple actions.

• Upvote 1

Still no answer ?

sorry for repost , cant get this working is frustrating atm

I imported your model in LE3, and put a material using an "animated" shader, and animations just played fine.

Lot of people forget to use animated shaders, perhaps animation shader should be renamed and put on same folder as others non animated ?

Stop toying and make games

I imported your model in LE3, and put a material using an "animated" shader, and animations just played fine.

Lot of people forget to use animated shaders, perhaps animation shader should be renamed and put on same folder as others non animated ?

yeah i tried to apply animated shaders aswell, same results only a very strange material. going to try this now again.

thanks for reply

yeah i need to understand that you need to attach the material in the model editor , not as usual