DOxygen Manual

Marcus

I think that a DOxygen manual would really be nice. I would actually like it more than the wiki.

For those who don't know anything about DOxygen, see the following links:

DOxygen Official Site

DOxygen Wikipedia

It appears that there is also a way to make Lua syntax work with DOxygen:

DOxygen Lua

What makes DOxygen so nice, is we could generate HTML, PDF, CHM, and more. A CHM file that has an index and search functionality would be great for offline documentation.

one of the problem you have is there two engine 2.28 and 2.3

which both how have diffrent syntax this is why some of wiki is wrong

the other problem with using DOxygen is making sure how you do you code has the information in it for it to work

i try using that in the past it killed how i program and increased my time so much to the point of hating to program

all i can say what we got is good but its a full time job keeping stuff like wiki up todate and Josh i think at the moment does not have the time for tthat but i could be wrong lol

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

all i can say what we got is good but its a full time job keeping stuff like wiki up todate and Josh i think at the moment does not have the time for tthat but i could be wrong lol

Documentation should always be the top priority. That was one of the biggest complaints with Torque and GarbageGames paid for it.

I can say it easy to say that and harder to do

yes it should be a priority but some time you just want to program and get on with it

and not to worry about the doc till the end. but you are right it should be a priotry

which is why in a team there one man that does just that, when the other are getting on.

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

Documentation should always be the top priority. That was one of the biggest complaints with Torque and GarbageGames paid for it.

Totally agree on that.

But there is going to be an official documentation site for Leadwerks 2.3 soon. First of there is the Pages section which contains already some usefull information.

Wh1sp3r you only think this way because you've been using LE for some time now and get how it works. When new people come on they have a hard time with it. Documentation is important. There is enough of it out there but some is outdated.

I'm sorry, but I started writing headers for another language after 1 week of using LE. I think the commands simply cannot be simpler.

And since it's the 10th of feb, I'm done with a lot of work, so I'll be able to plug in docs in my C# headers. I honestly think C# is the easiest way to start with Leadwerks. There is no need for compilation or any extensive knowledge, as the language is really straightforward. No scripts either, so you don't have to worry a lot about making a whole game exposed in a script. Last, you can even use the headers in VB if you feel like it, which is probably the most newbish language.