Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game required specs are getting crazy

Just bought Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor(wife bought it for me since I dont have money to blow) .... normally I never look at the specs since my computer runs everything maxed out...

But I just noticed the recommended specs for Shadow of Mordor..lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon HD 7950
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 40 GB available space

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats slightly above my current system...

And 40gigs(its actually 34.9gigs on my install) of drive space... *falls over* ... I find it hard to believe they couldnt shrink that down..

The drive space is normally not a big deal ..but with games going mostly digital download only now 40 gigs is crazy ...especially for people with internet usage limits...

Not sure but maybe they are just poorly ported console games?

The controls at least scream "console port".

Yeah ...seems that way ... "medium" settings I get 20FPS average with a HD7870 with 20% power boost and an overclock to 1060mhz on the GPU ...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

he he, i using a 2 TB Harddisc and have all Games on it but i get it full too because maybe i want continue a game anytime.

i only deinstall games if they done compleate finished by me

if u need space delete the 100 MB each Direct X redist in some steam games folders.

thats a great tool for space.

http://w3.win.tue.nl/nl/onderzoek/onderzoek_informatica/visualization/sequoiaview//

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 120gb SSD for my main drive, so space requirements like that are dumb. Fortunately, they're getting a lot cheaper so I will be able to get a 500gb shortly.

It's all the voice acting and uncompressed textures and what not. The sound files and cutscene movies alone probably account for half the install space... heh.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we're not advancing that much in computer hardware technology compared to the rate at which we wish to render things.

The Skylake intel series is only about 8% better CPU performance.

Also most game studios aren't willing to spend the time to make their games run better on desktop. Their main focus is primarly console. For example a lot of models could have their geometry readjusted to use less polygons.

As far as disk space is concerend, it could be used by cutscenes. Videos take up a lot of space. Especially if the video is of high resolution (1080p or higher).