Editor Improvement Suggestion

BES

I have been working with 3D World Studio Again ...and I noticed Leadwerks 3 Editor has a similar layout to 3D World Studio..

But the Leadwerks 3 editor is missing some stuff that make it harder to use..

Short list of improvements:

Carve

Hollow

Slice plane

Extrude Face

Selecting Verts

Restore Face

Hide Mask

Export

Export Selected

Click-able stuff on the top of the editor with hotkeys would be nice..

Thanks!

• Upvote 3

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Just for a visual of what I mean..

This WHOLE section in the attached picture was done with extruding and moving vertices..

I wanted to make the hall ways so that the middle section was raised ...but got to that corner and had to make a 3 way intersection piece pretty much..

I made that in 3D World Studio and I would not be able to make that in the Leadwerks 3 editor at this time.

post-2229-0-85629900-1411753451_thumb.jpg

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Awesome! thanks.

Hi,

I had discussed this in the past and all of these nice functions will be added in future version. I also was suggest and creating , adding or deleting normals and faces on terrain to able to make entrances in underground levels. Another nice idea is creating more primitive 3D objects , like cone , sphere , torus , pyramid , hexagon and adding boolean operations , merge or subtraction surfaces and objects.

The next version of leadwerks engine took some time. The editor needs more tools to be added. Most of the 3D modeling programs have a lots of advanced tools. Also the maps exported from 3D world studio must be fully compatible.

I tried to export one map in B3D and I imported in Leadwerks engine and I wasn't able to edit all separated objects in the scene, all was merged as a single object. More tools like texturing and uv mapping or unwrap texturing must be added.

I know is a lots of stuff.