Vote: Requested Features and Improvements

gamecreator

Requested Features and Improvements  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most important thing Leadwerks needs right now?

• Additional and corrected/updated documentation, examples and/or tutorials
    • Bugs: concentrate on fixing existing bugs
    • Character controller and navigation: multi-size collision support, automatic obstacle navigation like climbing walls and ladders, 2D support
    • Editor: better controls/interface/keyboard shortcuts, custom folders for scene list, scene camera preview
    • Editor: CSG tools
    • Editor: plugin system/widgets (with possible Editor rewrite)
    • File formats: additional 3d, heightmap and sound support
    • GUI editor, functions and documentation
    • Integration: Substance Designer and/or other programs
    • Lua: expose commands, editor enhancements such as intellisense, auto tab, key shortcuts
    • Models and textures: more Leadwerks-ready animated characters, buildings, nature, props, textures, etc.
    • Networking: built-in with automatic server/client synchronization
    • Physics: vehicle, cloth/hair, additional command support
    • Project management: new and updated projects with option to exclude sample/template files, publishing with package compression and encryption
    • Scenes: speed optimizations, vegetation painter, invisibility patch, infinite terrain, decals, LODs
    • Shaders: visual shader editor
    • Visual effects: HDR, SSAO, global illumination, reflection, motion blur, atmosphere, color grading
    • Water: ocean, lake, puddle, river, stream, buoyancy
  2. 2. What is the second most important thing Leadwerks needs right now?

• Character controller and navigation: multi-size collision support, automatic obstacle navigation like climbing walls and ladders, 2D support
    • Editor: better controls/interface/keyboard shortcuts, custom folders for scene list, scene camera preview
    • Lua: expose commands, editor enhancements such as intellisense, auto tab, key shortcuts
    • Models and textures: more Leadwerks-ready animated characters, buildings, nature, props, textures, etc.
    • Project management: new and updated projects with option to exclude sample/template files, publishing with package compression and encryption
    • Scenes: speed optimizations, vegetation painter, invisibility patch, infinite terrain, decals, LODs
    • Visual effects: HDR, SSAO, global illumination, reflection, motion blur, atmosphere, color grading
  3. 3. What is the third most important thing Leadwerks needs right now?

So you can see why I would also like it if Leadwerks is able to use/intergrate Daz genesis (1 and 2) characters natively or in a separate model/render path as the Daz genesis bases are powerful and well made.

Daz Indie Dev licenses are $500, but the quality and quantity make it worth it.

also

When Networking is done,

I would like it, so that when we publish a game (not workshop publish) that it can have a simple level editor that only uses in-game assets/entitites, ... etc to increase that game's community as well as the leadwerks community.

Native integration of DAZ models is not possible. There is no direct SDK to use and while the models are really nice they are not useable by any 3d Engine in the daz format (to much polygons, morph algorithms are not available and much more). The only way to use them is to use the provided daz tools to reduce polygons and export them as fbx which already works with leadwerks.

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

• 2 weeks later...

Forums are for people that dig deep enought a 3D engine, even on UE4 you will need the forums to find a solution for a specific problem you don't have the knowledge or the good way fo doing it, sometimes to ask a work around for a specific bug or missing feature.

(so you never do bug reports then for 3D engines)

Strange LE3 really active users to be so small ? so no chances to have enought weight to transform some votes to reality.

Stop toying and make games

Interesting that what people have voted for seems to go against the way Josh is heading. People want scene improvements and water but are not that particular about content. Yet Josh wants to add more content ( animated models).

If only 10 or 15 people ask scene improvment and all other existing LE3 users don't care, i doubt water and performance to become considered before a long time unfortunatelly.

Performance is a serious issue, after many tests, prototype game try, LE3 is really bad at performance actually, i couldn't find any work around as the core rendering is too slow even on simple scene.

For now like many people i'm just toying in LE3 ( no serious game ) , I'll consider a serious game project with it only when it will become lot better in performance and bring other missing essential features.

Stop toying and make games

Strange LE3 really active users to be so small ?

Been wondering about that as well - I mean the kickstater alone generated 318 backers with indie or c++ licenses.

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Been wondering about that as well - I mean the kickstater alone generated 318 backers with indie or c++ licenses.

Just noticed that at the bottom of the Forum page gives the number of users in the last 15 minutes. At the time I looked there were 160 users but only 15 of them were members. I assume that you must be a member to vote. So it appears that there are many people viewing the forums but only a small number are members. This could explain the low number of votes in the poll.

Indeed, except for Josh and the Leadwerks Steam account I only have one more Leadwerks using friend on Steam.

A fellow Linux user who afaik didn't even pledge to the Kickstarter but instead bought it on Steam later on.

And I have loads of Linux users on my friends list.

They obviously exist, or else the Kickstarter would have failed but if they are doing anything with their licenses is a different question.

Same for the Windows users, those should be the majority of recent sales on Steam but for some reason they don't feel like coming here, or they aren't using it... but if they aren't using it, why are they buying the Sci-fi DLC?

• 3 weeks later...