Leadwerks Texturing Bugs

I found 3 texturing bugs. Two of them may be related as they deal with how textures are handled once an object is rotated.

These all deal with CSG's

1. When copying and pasting prefabs it reverts to the original prefabs original texture

2. Texture lock doesn't work when rotating in perspective view when an object has children.

If you start rotating an object while in in perspective view that has objects attached to it, the texture lock only works for the root object. BUT, if you then continue to rotate the object using the top,bottom,etc... views, the texture lock will work.

3. Unpredictable Behavior when manually typing rotations.

Manually type in the rotation value and pray your uv still exists.

Might be similar to this bug http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/10179-triangle-side-of-wedge-ignores-or-mangles-texture-mapping-settings/

Video is still uploading, will appear when done.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Yeah there is definitely some buggy behaviour with textures and csg prefabs. I often get streaked textures when I drag my csg prefab building in and then rotate it. I also notice streaked textures when I used the arch tool, maybe it was after rotating as well not sure. Here's a post I made about it a week or so ago http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/11502-prefab-corruption-in-game/#entry83302 - from your post it seems it's more of a child object thing than a prefab thing.

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

• 2 weeks later...

#1 is fixed, because applying a material to a brush will make it unique rather than a prefab.

#2 is confirmed, and easily demonstratable just by creating a tube compound brush.

Not sure about #3 yet.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.