Fuse software from Mixamo

josk

Yeah purchased as well. There is one item that needs to be resolved though. The skinless animation skeletons' hierachy will not match with the skin animation skeletons which will prevent it from loading them in LE. Talking with Mixamo support, they say they are not adding the extra origin node so it must be LE. Don't know if that is true or not since I see that node show up when using uu3d as well. The only way I found around it so far is to export the individual animation with a skin (mesh), but that is time consuming and means you will miss out on some of the free animations in the locomotion pack as they are not available for free individually.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Is this still the case:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/6/entry-1245-leadwerks-32-indie-animated-character-workflow-test/

Specifically that animations are very expensive and you have to buy many (?) of them separately?

Also, how good is it about creating a variety of medieval characters? I'm always looking for swordsmen, mages, rogues, villagers, etc., the stereotypical fantasy characters. Does it have a variety of armor, cloths and similar? If it can create a variety of them, I'm seriously considering buying it too.

yeah the animations do look expensive but supposedly you get two free animations a week... the quality of those I do not know. i really don't need my characters dancing...

As far as the issue with the skinless animations, i've just been playing around with the files in uu3d. If I add an origin bone to the skeleton and export it out to mdl then it appears to resolve the loading into leadwerks, Just have to figure out the scaling needed to get the skeleton down to my base model size.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

@Mack : Two free autorigs per week not free animations, there are some free animations and a basic locomotion pack that's free.

https://www.mixamo.com/motions

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Does it have a variety of armor, cloths and similar? If it can create a variety of them, I'm seriously considering buying it too.

Not sure about that, but it is possible to make custom clothing (using templates, i think), and import them...so basically, the variations are 'endless'. smile.png

For people not good at modeling/rigging/animation, it's quite good, it seems. smile.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Have been playing around with Fuse and its all straight forward and simple.

Made a character, autorigged added animations, download, copy files into LE, scaled model, done.

The only problem is the free animations pack doesn't allow you to keep your model in place when it animates (see video), you have to buy the paid ones for that option. Though there are some free ones with this option like the injured one in the video.

Though I read that can be fixed in Blender, if anyone can do a walkthrough of that it would be good, I'm useless with Bender. Was hoping UU3D would be able to.

Ignore the cat, was testing animations, also notice Shadmar's excellent Day/Night shader cycle.

• Upvote 1

Elite Cobra Squad

Use something like BVHacker to constrain the animations root node translation in the x and z axis, you may have to fiddle with exporting and importing and may even need to retarget the animation sequence to the mesh and skeleton if you can't manage that in the model editor.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Use something like BVHacker to constrain the animations root node translation in the x and z axis, you may have to fiddle with exporting and importing and may even need to retarget the animation sequence to the mesh and skeleton if you can't manage that in the model editor.

Thanks, took a look at BVHacker and managed to constrain the animations to the axies. Then the next bit I got stuck with.

What I did do though was find a way in UU3D to do the same thing and it works a treat.

If anyone else needs it basically load the model, click on Bones in the tab on the right, double click mixamorig:hips.

Then in the Bone Editor click edit P, click copy all, unclick x and z, paste all. Jobs a good'un.

Animations from the free collection work a treat.

Is there an easy pipeline to autorigging characters without Maximo?

Not sure about an easy autorigger apart from Fuse. I dont think there will be a free one.

• Upvote 2

Elite Cobra Squad

• 2 weeks later...

but is I have some animatios bought form them with a character ..is there a way Can I export these animations and set the mon other charatcters without go into mixamo and pay again?

If your model is not rigged with a mixamo skeletal bone structure you'd have to retarget the animations to it, animations are not naturally universal they are animation rig dependent.

• Upvote 1

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

ok thanks..

and which tools ca I do that..

so what it the easies and fastest way to importa character animations into leadwerks?

i'm thinking o buy fuse that is on sale for few hours n steam..do you recomment it?

and which tools ca I do that..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Animation+retargetting&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&channel=nts&gfe_rd=cr&ei=VfH1U46NAfSq8weN4YLoAw#channel=nts&q=Animation+Retargeting&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&spell=1

so what it the easies and fastest way to importa character animations into leadwerks?

File > Load Animation in the model editor.

i'm thinking o buy fuse that is on sale for few hours n steam..do you recomment it?

You'd best try the demo ... I am not sure what you'd consider an insurmountable learning curve to make any recommendations.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

ok thanks.. but I did not understand anything.

Yes, it requires effort, just start at the beginning, maybe you are trying to run before you can crawl?

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

you are right ..but a simple tutorial with stesp to follow would be a good start for newcomers

Maybe, but what your asking for involves how to use software thats not leadwerks to get stuff ready to get into leadwerks. The best place for newcomers to start, is working through all the available tutorials and documentation and then going through the countless posts already made by previous newcomers asking pretty much the same things (the forum search tool is your friend). An art pipeline will inevitably involve other software, you will need to learn to use those to.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest way to solve your problem is to just offer a bunch of pre-made animated characters that just work, rather than trying to coordinate things with a third party.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 months later...

..this software looks interesting..so, what is the workflow ??

1) You download Fuse and model your model in it

2) Upload your model online and what ? You get it back rigged and animated or what?? How do you select animations ?

Can someone explain me exact process? Im not sure im getting it right from their web site. Also, can i build my animated models in 3dsmax and import for rigging to their system?