LE 2.5 GMF model problem

Arska134

Anyone knows what i am doing wrong when i try to convert fbx to gmf by fbx2gmf.exe? When material is applied to model this happens.

modelviewer.png

It's supposed to be just small cube, but it's... like that...

I simply exported to fbx, dragged fbx to "fbx2gmf.exe" and gmf comes out, but model viewer does that.

Here is material file:

texture0="abstract::animatehuman.dds"
shader="abstract::mesh_skin_diffuse.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse.frag"
shadowshader="abstract::mesh_shadow_skin.vert"

I am using Autodesk 3ds Max 2013 64-bit.

I even tried to use GMF plugin for 3ds max, but same happens. Files are attached to this post,

box.zip

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax

Remove the skin shaders from the material file and it should map correctly as there are no bones in the gmf model.

Using uu3d, i converted to gmf to keep the bone and the skin shader works fine. Except I also had to use the autoSmoothe to recalc the normals as the box had weird shading issues.

you may have to export to another fbx version from 3dsmax to get this to export correctly - i suspect an older fbx version is required to work with LE2.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Remove the skin shaders from the material file and it should map correctly as there are no bones in the gmf model.

So material file should be like this?

texture0="abstract::box.dds"
shader="abstract::mesh_skin_diffuse.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse.frag

Same problem occurs.

What you mean no bones in gmf model? O_o

Edit:

Looks like it's working like this:

texture0="abstract::box.dds"
shader="abstract::mesh_diffuse.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse.frag"

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax

yes if the gmf has no bones the skin shader will not work on it- the opposite is true as well. a model with bones with a non-skin shader will not map correctly (all red if memory serves) and will not animate.

i suspect you want the bone as it has animation applied to it - so i suggest you try another version of FBX to export to from 3dsmax.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

yes if the gmf has no bones the skin shader will not work on it- the opposite is true as well. a model with bones with a non-skin shader will not map correctly (all red if memory serves) and will not animate.

i suspect you want the bone as it has animation applied to it - so i suggest you try another version of FBX to export to from 3dsmax.

How i can try another version of FBX?

Edit:

Found it. Which version would be latest working with gmf?

Edit 2:

2010 It is.