Error: Failed to load model

Lynix

Hi there I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem. I'm trying to import a model from blender its an fbx type that has been hand painted using blenders texture paint mode. for some reason the fbx file keeps comming up with this error when imported :

Loading model "C:/Users/Joshua/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/ElderonGM/pillar.mdl"

Unknown chunk in model file.

Deleting model "C:/Users/Joshua/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/ElderonGM/pillar.mdl"

Error: Failed to load model "C:/Users/Joshua/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/ElderonGM/pillar.mdl".

the model seems to import ok when using the mdl exporter for blender but when I load the model in leadwerks the model has the incorrect dimensions any ideas ?

I have tried changing the scale in blender but when opened in leadwerks it appears to have no effect. I only seemed to get a change when using fbx files which is not working :/ I attached some images too as you can see the scale is not correct in leadwerks.

post-12278-0-81685000-1404744549_thumb.jpg

post-12278-0-68805000-1404744560_thumb.jpg

Your first screenshot shows that you have indeed not applied scale wink.png

post-7741-0-73531300-1404745838_thumb.jpg

In object mode select the object and press CTRL+A that will pop up a menu asking what to apply - select "scale"

Now the object is actually scale that way and you can export it

Hope that's a more usefull explanation than my first

• Upvote 2

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k